Windows KB updates for September 2020 is available for all the versions. KB4571756 is the release for Windows 10 2004. The Security patch mainly includes fixes for ossible elevation of privilege in windowmanagement.dll. The Windows 10 latest update version is now 19041.508 with the effect of this package
You are able to download Microsoft latest patches for windows 10 automatically and install after only a single click until you have not changed the default Windows update Settings. Moreover, you can obtain the .MSI file for the same from update catalog website using the table in the bottom. This will allow you to manually install the patch latest version of Windows 10 2004.
KB4571756 Windows 10 update 2004 Fixes, Improvements and known issue
Here is KB4571756 changelog –
- Addresses an issue with a possible elevation of privilege in windowmanagement.dll.
- Tires to fix a security vulnerability issue with user proxies and HTTP-based intranet servers. After installing this update, HTTP-based intranet servers cannot leverage a user proxy by default to detect updates. Scans using these servers will fail if the clients do not have a configured system proxy. If you must leverage a user proxy, you must configure the behavior using the Windows Update policy “Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails.” This change does not affect customers who secure their Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) servers with the Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols. For more information, see Ensuring clients stay secure, change to scans against Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) servers.
- Includes Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Kernel, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
KB4571756 Known issues
|Users of the Microsoft Input Method Editor (IME) for Japanese or Chinese languages might experience issues when attempting various tasks. You might have issues with input, receive unexpected results, or might not be able to enter text.||For more information about the issues, workaround steps, and the currently resolved issues, please see KB4564002|
How to download September 2020 Windows 10 2004 KB update and install
The most important, you must install the latest Servicing Stack update KB4577266 before getting this patch. Once got pursue any of the 2 ways –
1] By dint of Windows update
- First of all, reach out to Settings (Win + I keys) and pick the Update & Security.
- Select the Check for updates.
- Detection and downloading of KB will be completed in a few minutes
- Click the notification Install now.
2] Thru Microsoft update catalog
- Access this website – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/home.aspx. and find the file apposite for your computer.
- Choose Download from the right and select the solitary link that looks on a popup page.
- Launch the .MSI File from the download location by double clicking to perform the installation.
Direct Download links for KB4571756
Click here for LCU
And for SSU