Patch Tuesday update for September 2020 is rolling out for all the versions of Windows. KB4574727 is the release for Windows 10 1909 and 1903. This Security update mainly includes fixes for —–.
You are able to download KB4574727 automatically and install after only a single click until you have not changed the default Windows update Settings. Furthermore, you can get the .MSI file for the same from Microsoft update catalog website. This will allow you to manually install the patch for Windows 10 1909 and 1903.
KB4574727 Windows 10 1909 and 1903 update
Here is KB4574727 changelog –
Windows 10 1909 version
- This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- This build includes all the improvements from Windows 10, version 1903.
No additional issues were documented for this release.
Windows 10 1903 version
- Attempts to fix Addresses a security vulnerability issue with user proxies and HTTP-based intranet servers. After installing this update, HTTP-based intranet servers cannot leverage a user proxy by default to detect updates. Scans using these servers will fail if the clients do not have a configured system proxy. When you must leverage a user proxy, you must configure the behavior using the Windows Update policy – Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails. This change does not affect customers who secure their Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) servers with the Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols. For more information, see Ensuring clients stay secure, change to scans against Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) servers.
- Security updates to all components of Windows and Microsoft.
KB4574727 Known issues
There is no known issue in this patch.
How to download September 2020 Windows 10 KB on Windows 10 1909, 1903 and install
As common practices, you must install the latest SSU KB4576751 before starting to install this patch. Once received follow any of the 2 ways –
1] From Windows update
- Go to Settings (Windows logo + I) and select the category Update & Security.
- Click the link that reads Check for updates from the right pane of the next page.
- Scanning and downloading of KB will be completed in a few moments
- Click the Install now.
2] Via Microsoft update catalog
- All you need is to visit this website – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/home.aspx. and find the file suitable for your computer.
- Click on Download from the second column and select the solitary link that appears in a popup page.
- Open the .MSI File from the download location to execute the installation.