Microsoft is rolling out LCU on the opening date of October. KB4576945 is the cumulative update for .NET Framework 4.8, and 3.5 available for Windows 10 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004. The 1 Oct 2020 patch includes Quality and reliability improvements for WCF1, Winforms, ASP.NET, SQL, CLR2, and CLR2.
You can download KB4576945 through Windows update unless you have not modified the default settings. Furthermore, you are able to get the same from the Microsoft update catalog to install.
KB4576945 .NET Framework 4.8, 3.5 Windows 10 2004 Cumulative update 1 October 2020
Here is KB4576945 changelog –
Quality and reliability improvements
|WCF1||KB4576945 – Addressed an issue with WCF services sometimes failing to start when starting multiple services concurrently.|
|Winforms||– Addressed a regression introduced in .NET Framework 4.8, where Control.AccessibleName, Control.AccessibleRole, and Control.AccessibleDescription properties stopped working for the following controls:Label, GroupBox, ToolStrip, ToolStripItems, StatusStrip, StatusStripItems, PropertyGrid, ProgressBar, ComboBox, MenuStrip, MenuItems, DataGridView.|
– Addressed a regression in accessible name for combo box items for data bound combo boxes. .NET Framework 4.8 started using type name instead of the value of the DisplayMember property as an accessible name, this improvement uses the DisplayMember again.
|ASP.NET||KB4576945 – Disabled resuse of AppPathModifier in ASP.Net control output.|
– HttpCookie objects in the ASP.Net request context will be created with configured defaults for cookie flags instead of .NET-style primitive defaults to match the behavior of `new HttpCookie(name)`.
|SQL||– Addressed a failure that sometimes occured when a user connects to one Azure SQL database, performed an enclave based operation, and then connected to another database under the same server that has the same Attestation URL and performed an enclave operation on the second server.|
|CLR2||KB4576945 .NET Framework 4.8, 3.5 Windows 10 2004 added a CLR config variable Thread_AssignCpuGroups (1 by default) that can be set to 0 to disable automatic CPU group assignment done by the CLR for new threads created by Thread.Start() and thread pool threads, such that an app may do its own thread-spreading.|
– Addressed a rare data corruption that can occur when using new API’s such as Unsafe.ByteOffset<T> which are often used with the new Span types. The corruption could occur when a GC operation is performed while a thread is calling Unsafe.ByteOffset<T> from inside of a loop.
KB4576945 – Addressed an issue regarding timers with very long due times ticking down much sooner than expected when the AppContext switch “Switch.System.Threading.UseNetCoreTimer” is enabled.
How to download and install 1st October .Net Framework Cumulative update for Windows 10 2004
Ensure that the versions of .Net Framework are installed on your computer and follow the method –
1] Through automatic Windows update
- Press Windows key and I and then select the – Update & Security.
- When the next page appears, click the – Check for updates.
- Let the pending patch scan and download KB4576945 and select Install now when asked.
2] Via the website Microsoft update catalog
- Access the following page and download the correct file from the catalog.
- Double click the same and install the patch.
Direct Download Links – http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=4576945