Microsoft is rolling out LCU as a non-security patch on the opening day of October 2020. KB4577063 is the update applicable to Windows 10 2004 and holds a massive list of quality improvements. The update will increase the version of 2004 to 19041.546.
You are able to install the cumulative patch through Windows update automatically moreover taking from the Microsoft update catalog. However, the easiest way is given at the bottom of this post.
KB4577063 Windows 10 2004 version 19041.546 Windows update
KB4577063 Windows 10 2004 changelog –
- 1st October 2020 non-security update displays a notification on IE11 / Internet Explorer 11 that declares the conclude the support for Adobe Flash in Dec 2020.
- KB4577063 LCU patch addresses the Microsoft Edge IE Mode problem that happens when enabling the setting “Configure enhanced hang detection for Internet Explorer mode” in the browser Microsoft Edge.
- A problem happens when a user signs in to a new session and Language Bar doesn’t show up in some instances yet it is correctly configured. The update addresses the same.
- The 1st October 2020 patch addresses first East Asian language character typed into a Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC) DataGrid that cannot be recognized.
- This non security update works on reconnecting to a previously closed session is not possible as the session is in an unrecoverable state.
- Furthermore, the LCU addresses the games using spatial audio stop working.
- KB4577063 addresses you cannot delete stale user profiles after configuring a profile cleanup Group Policy object (GPO).
- The update also addresses selecting I forgot my Pin from Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options that fails in a Windows Hello for Business On-Premise deployment.
- Additionally, the patch updates 2021 time zone information for Fiji.
- This cumulative update / LCU addresses a problem that affects SCOM ability to monitor a customer’s workload.
- Experts of Microsoft address an issue that generates random line breaks when you redirect PowerShell console error output.
- KB4577063 for Windows 10 v2004 addresses a problem with creating HTML reports using tracerpt.
- The LCU allows the CSP to run on Windows 10 Professional and Windows 10 Business versions.
- Addresses content under HKLM =>Software=>Cryptography string that isn’t being carried over during Windows feature updates.
- Furthermore, the update addresses an access violation that occurs when a process is started using the run as command in some circumstances.
- The patch addresses Windows Defender Application Control that enforces package family name rules instead of audit only.
- It addresses a smart card PIN change was not successful error message however the PIN change was successful.
- Also, the update works on duplicate Foreign Security Principal directory objects that might be created for Authenticated and Interactive users in the domain partition. That is why the original directory objects have CNF added to their names and are mangled. This problem happens when you promote a new domain controller through the “CriticalReplicationOnly”.
- The patch modifies the Windows Hello Face recognition configuration to perform fine with 940nm wavelength cameras.
- It decreases aberrations and distortions in Mixed Reality head-mounted displays.
- The Cumulative update ensures that new Mixed Reality HMDs meet minimum specs requirements and default to a 90Hz refresh rate.
- KB4577063 for Windows 10 v2004 update works on stop error on a Hyper-V host that occurs when a virtual machine issues a particular Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) command.
- Furthermore, it addresses attempts to bind a socket to a shared socket that fail.
- The LCU addresses an issue that might prevent applications from opening or cause other errors when applications use Windows APIs to check for internet connectivity and the network icon incorrectly displays “No internet access” in the notification area. This problem happens when you use group policy or local network configuration to turn off active probing for the NCSI. Moreover, it also happens if active probing fails to use a proxy and passive probes fail to detect internet connectivity.
- This non security update works on Microsoft Intune that cannot sync on a device using the virtual private network version 2 (VPNv2) configuration service provider (CSP).
- The patch suspends downloads and uploads from peers when a Virtual Private Network connection is detected.
- LCU for v2004 Microsoft IIS management tools, for example, IIS Manager, that cannot manage an ASP.NET application that has configured SameSite cookie settings in config.
- This update works on a problem with exe that prevents you from migrating Active Directory database files. The error message is, – Move file failed with source <original_full_db_path> and Destination <new_full_db_path> with error 5 (Access is denied).
- Additionally, it works on a problem that incorrectly reports that LDAP sessions are insecure in Event ID 2889. The issue occurs when the LDAP session is authenticated and sealed with a Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) method.
- KB4577063 addresses Windows 10 devices that enable Credential Guard that fail authentication requests when they use the machine certificate.
- This LCU patch restores the constructed attribute in AD LDS for msDS-parentdistname.
- The non security update tries to fix queries against large keys on dit that fail with the error, code MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_RESOURCES. The problem might lead you to view limited meeting room availability because the Exchange MAPI is unable to allocate extra memory for the meeting requests.
- Patch works on OSCP Responder audit events (5125) which means that a request was submitted to the OCSP Responder Service. Nevertheless, there is no available reference to the serial number or the DN of the issuer of the request.
- Cumulative update for Windows 10 2004 addresses strange characters appear before the day, month, and year areas in the output from console commands.
- KB4577063 also works on exe that stops working, resulting in trigger to a restart of the system. This problem happens when invalid restart data is dispatched with a non-critical paged search control.
- LCU addresses system fails to log events 4732 and 4733 for Domain-Local group membership changes in certain scenarios. The problem arises when you use the Permissive Modify control; for instance, AD PowerShell modules utilize this control.
- The non security update addresses the CSVFS driver that restricts Win32 API access to SQL Server Filestream data. The problem takes place when the data is stored on a CSV in a SQL Server failover cluster instance, which is on an Azure VM.
- Addresses A deadlock occurring when Offline Files are enabled. Henceforth, CscEnpDereferenceEntryInternal holds parent and child locks.
- 1 October 2020 patch addresses deduplication jobs that fail with the stop error 0x50 at the time you call HsmpRecallFreeCachedExtents().
- Furthermore, it addresses the applications that stop working when using Microsoft’s Remote Desktop sharing APIs. During this issue the breakpoint exception code is 0x80000003.
- KB4577063 Windows 10 2004 removes the HTTP call to microsoft.com that the Remote Desktop Client (mstsc.exe) makes at sign out when using a Remote Desktop Gateway.
- Also, it works on evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to the Windows problem.
- The patch will add support for certain new Mixed Reality motion controllers.
- LCU addresses the apps that use DDE stop responding when you try to close the app.
- Besides, the update adds an AAD Device Token that is sent to Windows Update as part of each WU scan. WU can use this token to query for membership in groups that have an AAD Device ID.
- Cumulative patch for 2004 works on an issue with setting the Restrict delegation of credentials to remote servers Group Policy with the Restrict Credential Delegation mode on the RDP client. Consecutively, the Terminal Server service attempts to use Require Remote Credential Guard mode first and will only use Require Restricted Admin if the server doesn’t support Require Remote Credential Guard.
- It addresses Element not found error on WSL that generates an “” error when you try to launch WSL.
- Finally, KB4577063 Windows 10 2004 addresses certain WWAN LTE modems that might show no internet connection in the notification area. This occurs after waking from sleep or hibernation. Further, these modems might be unable to connect to the internet.
Known issues in this update
|IME for Chinese or Japanese language users might encounter problems when attempting different tasks. Additionally, You might also have problems with input, get unexpected results, or might be unable to enter text.||Follow – KB4564002 for solution.|
Methods and Direct download link to KB4577063 Windows 10 2004
Prior to receiving this update, install KB4577266 SSU then follow the methods below –
1] By dint of Windows update
- Open Windows Settings and click the – Updates & Security.
- Select the – Check for updates.
- Let the system scan and download KB4577063.
- When asked in the notification area, hit the – Install now.
1] Through the Microsoft update catalog site
- Click the below direct download link matching with your system architecture
|Architecture||Cumulative update KB4577063||Servicing Stack update KB4577266|
|Windows Server x64||LCU||SSU|
|Windows Server ARM64||LCU||SSU|
- Double click and install the patch.