Happy moment, Patch Tuesday rolling for October 2020 has started arriving just now so be ready to install on your Windows 10 and experience a fresh system. KB4579311 is the first one out for Windows 10 2004 taking the build to 19041.572. Not many days when Microsoft released a non security update KB4577063 for Windows 10 20H2.
You are able to download KB4579311 automatically via Windows update. Additionally, you can get the same for different architectures such as x86, x64, ARM64 from Microsoft update catalog website in the form of MSU file install manually. See the compilation of all the patches – Windows 10 Cumulative Updates List.
KB4579311 Windows 10 2004 Build 19041.572 Update
Here is KB4579311 changelog –
Improvements and fixes
- LCU patch Addresses an issue with a possible elevation of privilege in win32k.
- Furthermore, it addresses an issue with the Group Policy service that might recursively eliminate critical files in alphabetic order from %systemroot%\systm32. This problem occurs when a policy has been configured to delete cached profiles. These file deletions might cause stop error – 0x5A (CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED) boot failures.
- Patch Tuesday update addresses an issue with creating null ports using the UI/ user interface.
- The rollout includes security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Virtualization, and Windows Kernel.
|IME/Input Method Editor for Japanese or Chinese languages might encounter issues when trying various tasks. You might have problems with input, find unexpected results, or might be unable to enter text.||For coplete detail of the issues, solutions steps, and the currently resolved issues, please navigate to KB4564002|
|You might receive the error – Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software while When installing a third-party driver. Moreover, you might get the error – No signature was present in the subject when attempting to view the signature properties using Windows Explorer.||This problem happens when occurs an inaccurately formatted catalog file is identified during validation by Windows. Beginning with this release, Windows will require the validity of DER encoded PKCS#7 content in catalog files. Catalogs files must be signed per section 11.6 of describing DER-encoding for SET OF members in X.690.
In this situation, you should contact the driver vendor or device manufacturer (OEM) and ask them for an updated driver to correct the issue.
How to download KB4579311 Windows 10 2004 and install
As a common but mandatory practice install the latest Servicing for Windows 10 2004 for the month of October 2020. KB4577266 is the SSU for which you can get the download link below. Now follow the guidelines and install the patch Tuesday security update of the current month –
Using Windows Update –
- Press the Win+S and type update.
- Hit the Enter and go to the Settings page.
- Click the – Check for updates.
- Allow the download of KB to complete.
- Click the – Install now.
From Microsoft update catalog –
- Click the relevant direct Download link from this page – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4579311
- Once downloaded right click and select the – Open.
- Windows update standalone installer will scan system to make sure if the file has not been already installed and then show a confirmation dialog box.
- Click the – Yes.