Pushes for the Tuesday patches have just started hitting to different Windows versions. KB4577671 rolls in to Windows 10 1909 and 1903 having some significant improvements and fixes. This is a monthly security update. See the previous month build – KB4577062.
You are able to download KB4577671 and install directly via Windows update moreover manually from Microsoft update catalog. Get any patch from this page – Windows 10 Cumulative Updates List.
KB4577671 Windows 10 1909 18363.1139 and 1903 18362.1139 Update
Here is KB4577671 changelog –
Windows 10 1909
- This LCU contains all the improvements similar to Windows 10 1903.
- No additional issues were documented for this release.
Windows 10 1903
- Patch of October 2020 addresses an issue with a possible elevation of privilege in win32k.
- Additionally, the update addresses the Group Policy service that might recursively delete critical files in alphabetic order from %systemroot%\systm32. This issue occurs when a policy has been configured to delete cached profiles. These file deletions might cause stop error “0x5A (CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED)” boot failures.
- It addresses an issue with creating null ports using the UI/user interface.
- KB4577671 contains Security updates to the components Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Virtualization, Windows Kernel, and Windows Storage and Filesystems.
|Windows 10 1903 as well as1909 throws an error – What needs your attention as compatibility report dialog while updating. If you continue it will delete some optional features. You have an option to add them back in Settings after the installation completes. You might encounter this compatibility warning issue when LOCAL SYSTEM accounts are blocked in a Windows defender firewall from accessing the internet via HTTP. This is led by the Windows 10 Setup Dynamic Update (DU) being unable to download required packages.||You can mitigate this issue by enabling HTTP access for the Windows 10 Setup Dynamic Update (DU) via the LOCAL SYSTEM account. You can restart the installation of the update and you should not encounter the warning. Furthermore, you can continue by clicking the OK button or use the /compat IgnoreWarning command to ignore compatibility warnings but this might also ignore other warnings that your device might be affected by.|
The team is actively are working on a resolution and will push an update in a forthcoming rollout.
|You might confront the error – Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software when installing 3rd party driver. Furthermore, you might also encounter the error – No signature was present in the subject when trying to view the signature properties using Windows Explorer.||The problem takes place when an incorrectly formatted catalog file is identified during validation by Windows. Beginning with this rollout, Windows will require the validity of DER encoded PKCS#7 content in catalog files. The Catalogs files must be signed per section 11.6 of describing DER-encoding for SET OF members in X.690.|
In this circumstance, you should contact the driver vendor or device manufacturer (OEM) and ask them for an updated driver to correct the issue.
Now see How to download KB4577671 on Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903
Prior to reciving this patch install the most recent SSU KB4577670.
1. By means of Windows update
- Click the taskbar search, write update and then hit Enter.
- Once the Settings page arrived, select the – Check for updates.
- The update will be installed automatically and you will not have reboot your PC.
2. Using Microsoft update catalog
- Visit this KB direct download link – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4577671
- Download the file compatible with your system architecture.
- Double click the MSU and let the patch complete the installation.