Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 have received an update for RP channel yesterday. KB 4598291 is the update that is available to download for Release Preview channel. This increases the version number to Windows 10 2004 19041.782 or Windows 10 20H2 19042.782. KB4599861 was also offered as a setup update.
The update is the first version of the optional update which might / will be released next Tuesday.
KB4598291 Windows 10 2004 19041.782 and 20H2 19042.782
Here is the changelog –
- The LCU updated the default values for the below Internet Explorer registry keys –
- svcKBFWLink = “ ” (empty string)
- svcKBNumber = “ ” (empty string)
- svcUpdateVersion = 11.0.1000.
Furthermore, these registry key values will no longer be updated automatically.
- KB4598291 for Windows 10 20H2 and 2004 enabled administrators to disable standalone IE / Internet Explorer. This will be using a Group Policy and working while continuing to use Microsoft Edge IE Mode.
- The update package allows you to configure certain policies that support Microsoft Edge IE Mode using mobile device management (MDM).
- Experts there in Microsoft fixed Universal C Run-time Library (UCRT) problem that causes printf() to incorrectly round floating point values.
- They fixed a User Account Control (UAC) dialog box unexpectedly appearing problem that occurs when you turn on speech recognition.
- Also, they fixed the target application is not notified when selecting the Copy link command on the Share menu problem.
- The CU fixed 64-bit fmod() and remainder() functions that damages the Floating Point Unit (FPU) stack.
- Next, they fixed stop error or device to stop responding when you playing a game in tablet mode or full-screen.
- They fixed Alt+Caps Lock and Ctrl+Caps Lock switch to Katakana or Hiragana mode respectively after upgrading to Windows 10 2004.
- The update fixed opening a document on the Windows desktop generates the error – The directory name is invalid. The problem occurs after modifying the desktop location in the Location tab of the Desktop Properties dialog box. (File Explorer > This PC > Desktop).
- Windows 10 20H2 19042.782 and 2004 19041.782 fixed duplicate cloud provider folders in the File Explorer navigation pane.
- Furthermore, the update fixed an issue that occurs when the Mandatory Profile check box is selected when you copy a user profile.
- LCU fixed Alt+Tab order might change unexpectedly and cause to switch to the wrong window problem.
- Experts, there, fixed ImmGetCompositionString() fails to return the white space for furigana when using the Japanese Input Method Editor (IME).
- Next, Windows 10 20H2 19042.782 and 2004 19041.782 fixed certain key combinations used in Array IMEs, DaYi, and Yi might cause an application to stop working problem.
- The CU fixed blank lock screen that appeared after a device wakes up from Hibernate.
- The LCU fixed corrected historical daylight savings time or DST information for the Palestinian Authority.
- They added support for serial number control via the registry.
- Also, they fixed some Windows 10 Education devices are incorrectly deactivated after upgrading to Windows 10 2004.
- KB4598291 for Windows 10 20H2 19042.782 and 2004 19041.782 fixed the upload of diagnostic logs to a management service fails, for example, Microsoft Intune problem. This occurs due to a network time-out on a slow network.
- The update prompts a notification to a user when an administrator signs in to an MDM service, for example, Microsoft Intune. This will help them to find the location of a managed device.
- They fixed smart card credentials cannot be used when a user hint is the domain credential name (domain\username) problem.
- Additionally, they fixed using local Service for User (S4U) affects Data Protection API (DPAPI) credential keys and causes users to sign out unexpectedly.
- The CU fixed the silent mode deployment of BitLocker fails and throws error 0x80310001. The problem occurs when deploying BitLocker encryption to Hybrid Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) joined devices.
- The update fixed the black screen that is appearing or delaying signing in to Hybrid Azure Active Directory joined machines. Moreover, there is no access to login.microsoftonline.com.
- LCU fixed systems that use BitLocker stops working and shows error 0x120 (BITLOCKER_FATAL_ERROR).
- The update fixed a device stops working problem when deploying Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager in case AppLocker is enabled.
- KB4598291 fixed exe process leaking memory on a server under a heavy authentication load when Kerberos Armoring (Flexible Authentication Secure Tunneling (FAST)) is enabled.
- The update fixed exe stop working problem that occurs due to a race condition resulting in a double free error in Schannel. During this issue, the exception code that appears is c0000374, and the Event Log shows error state 960, Schannel event 36888, and fatal error code 20. This problem happens after receiving Windows updates from September 2020 and later.
- LCU fixed a memory leak when authenticating a client certificate on servers that are configured as domain controllers.
- The update fixed an issue with VINA interrupts.
- Update for Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 fixed HTTP caching interfering with kiosk mode that targets Azure AD groups.
- Experts in the Windows team fixed Volume Shadow Copy Service snapshot triggering on virtual machines that contain Resilient File System (ReFS) volumes. This triggered VSS snapshot fails with a time-out and does not allow access to the ReFS volume for 30 minutes.
- They fixed an issue that incorrectly logs ESENT event 642 in the Application Event Log.
- Further, they fixed Administrative Template settings problem that is configured through a Group Policy Object. Changing the value to NOT CONFIGURED, the system is unable to eliminate the previous settings. This problem is most noticeable with roaming user profiles.
- They fixed deadlock within Windows Virtual Desktop that occurs when a user disconnects before a driver completely loads.
- KB4598291 fixed Extract all on the shortcut menu does not appear when you right-click an online-only ZIP file.
- The LCU updated the method to enroll in online speech recognition. In case, you have previously enrolled, you will notice a message that asks you to review the new settings. You can still use the online speech recognition despite you haven’t chosen to contribute your speech data for human review. The new settings display one button to enable online speech recognition and another button that enables the collection of your voice clips. In case, you enable the collection of your voice clips, you can disable any time using the same button through the new settings page.
- Finally, the KB4598291 LCU fixed Start menu, Cortana, and tiles pinned to the Taskbar fails to open. The problem occurs when an administrator copies an existing profile that has the Mandatory Profile check box selected.
Download links –
Source – Windows blog.