Among all the versions Windows 10 1809 and 1909 have also obtained CU for the month of August. These Patch Tuesday security updates are KB5005031 and KB5005030 that have ultimately fixed the PrintNightmare vulnerability. You know yesterday night KB5005033 has been rolled out to Windows 10 21H1, 20H2, and 2004 settling the same vulnerability.
KB5005031 and KB5005030 take the versions of Windows 10 1909 and 1809 Enterprise LTSC and IoT Core 2019 LTSC to 17763.2114 and 18363.1734 respectively. You will get the update patches automatically on the aforesaid versions furthermore you can install them manually using MSU files.
KB5005031 Windows 10 1909 and KB5005030 1809
Here is the changelog –
Bug fixes and improvements –
Changes the default privilege requirement for installing drivers when using Point and Print. After installing this update, you must have administrative privileges to install drivers. If you use Point and Print, see KB5005652, Point and Print Default Behavior Change, and CVE-2021-34481 for more information.
List of Known issues in this update
|API of Elastic File System aka EFS OpenEncryptedFileRaw(A/W) will no longer work when backing up to or from a Windows Server 2008 SP2 computer after receiving this patch. However, this API will continue to function on all other versions of Windows (remote and local).||The experts are looking into this issue in CVE-2021-36942. therefore this behavior is expected.|
How to download KB5005031 and KB5005030 and install
You can install these patches using either of the following methods –
1. Via automatic Windows update
- Press Winkey and type updates.
- Hit the Enter to open the Windows update Settings page.
- Click the option saying – Check for updates.
- The update will be downloaded in while; once it is completed, click on – Restart now.
2. Manually through Microsoft update catalog
- Go to
KB5005031 direct download link
KB5005030 direct download link
- Locate the file that suits your machine particularly architecture such as x64, x86, ARM64.
- Click on Download given for the file.
- A separate page will prompt displaying a single link; click on this.
- After the update is downloaded, go to the location where the MSU extension file is kept.
- Double click on it and follow the guidelines coming out on the screen.