On the special occasion of the Patch Tuesday rollout this month, Servicing Stack updates for different Windows 10 versions have been delivered. Amidst the release, Windows 10 version 1909 and 1809 have received the SSU for the month of August 2021. You know KB5005033, KB5005031, and KB5005030 cumulative updates were also parts of rolling out. Apart from this, SSU KB5005260 was also pushed that day for Windows 10 21H1, 20H2, and 2004.
This SSU is auto downloadable and you don’t need to do anything except on some points when there are requirements of manual installation while encountering any problem.
KB5005112 and KB5005412 Servicing Stack update or SSU for Windows 10 1809 and 1909
Here are the changelogs –
SSU KB5005412 applies to the following editions –
- ?Windows 10 v1909 for x86-based systems
- Windows 10 v1909 for x64-based systems
- Windows 10 v1909 for Arm64-based systems
- Windows Server v1909 (Server Core installation)
SSU KB5005112 applies to the following editions –
- Windows 10 v1809 for x86-based systems
- Windows 10 v1809 for x64-based systems
- Windows 10 v1809 for Arm64-based systems
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2019 (Server Core installation)
These rollouts are meant for the betterment of the servicing stack which are the components that install Windows updates. The releases will ensure the OS to have robust servicing stacks for the installation of updates.
How to download KB5005112 and KB5005412 and manually install on Windows 10 1809 and 1909
Most of the time, the updates will be automatically installed but if it is necessary to manually install follow either of the below methods –
- Go to the
KB5005412 direct download link
KB5005112 direct download link
- Get the appropriate file from the Microsoft update catalog by clicking Download button.
- Click the solitary the lying on the page prompted after that.
- Once MSU file of the respective patch is downloaded double click on it and follow the guidelines until completion of installation.
- There is no requirement of restart for applying the update.