Patch Tuesday, September 2021 rollout has been commenced and the version which has now got the release is Windows 10 1909. KB5005566 is the rollout having a few noteworthy improvements and bugfixes. This update will increase the Windows 10 1909 edition to build 18363.1801.
As usual, September 2021 security updates are also automatic downloadable so you need nothing to do. If the novelty patch is not downloaded, go to the method part and follow the steps from there.
KB5005566 for Windows 10 version 1909 September 14 2021
Here is the changelog –
Changes and improvements
Addresses an issue that causes PowerShell to create an infinite number of child directories. This issue occurs when you use the PowerShell Move-Item command to move a directory to one of its children. As a result, the volume fills up and the system stops responding.
There is no issue as per Microsoft in this update.
How to download KB5005566 on Windows 10 1909
Since SSU is automatically installed so directly follow the below guide –
Method-1: Through auto Windows update
- Click the Search available on the taskbar.
- Type updates.
- Hit enter to launch Windows update settings.
- Click – Check for updates.
- Allow the patch to be downloaded and click on Restart now when asked.
Method-2: Manually install using the download link
- Go to KB5005566 direct download link.
- Find the file compatible with your system (from x64, x86, and ARM64)
- Click the – Download.
- A separate page will prompt up; click the lone link lying there.
- The file will be downloaded in MSU file format.
- Double click the file from your computer and confirm if prompted.
- Follow the guidelines to complete the installation.