Windows 21H1, 20H2, and 2004, On 09/11/2021, obtained an update for .Net Framework 4.8 and 3.5. This is a part of regular quality improvement and maintenance of the application. KB5006365 is the update that will improve the reliability of the app in the aforesaid versions of Windows 10.
The patch follows auto-update function to install in the machine furthermore you can receive the same manually.
KB5006365 Windows 10 21H1, 20H2, 2004, .NET Framework 4.8 and 3.5
Here is the changelog –
CLR1 – Addresses a crash that could occur if a program exits while a ManagementEventWatcher is active.
Common Language Runtime is meant for CLR.
How to download the .Net framework 3.5 and 4.8 in Windows 10 and install
You are able to download KB5006365 and install manually on Windows 10 2004, 20H1, and 21H1, however, in most cases, you don’t need to bother because it will be installed automatically and then notify you to restart. Follow the steps –
1] Through Auto Windows update
- Click on – Start.
- Type – updates.
- Press – Enter.
- On the Settings that appear, click – Check for updates.
- Click on Restart now when you are asked.
2] Via Manual method –
- Go to the KB5006365 direct download link.
- Find the suitable one for your system and download the standalone file.
- Right-click on the .MSU file and click on – Install.
- Confirm the prompt by clicking on Yes.
The update will apply to –
1] Windows 10, version 2004,
2] Windows Server, version 2004,
3] Windows 10, version 20H2,
4] Windows Server, version 20H2,
5] Windows Version 21H1