Windows 10 v1809 has acquired a cumulative update preview today on 19/10/2021 as a non-security patch. KB5006744 is the release that has multiple bug fixes and changes. This update has increased the version to 17763.2268.
Windows 10 1809 has got End of servicing, hence, the mid month patch is rolled out for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC, Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC, Windows 10 IoT Core 2019 LTSC, and Windows Server 2019.
KB5006744 Windows 10 1809 17763.2268
Here is the changelog –
- KB5006744 addresses an issue with PropertyGet in dll.
- The rollout addresses a problem with Assigned Access kiosks that are set with Microsoft Edge as a kiosk app. The kiosks might be unable to relaunch the browser at times if users close its window.
- The LCU release addresses black screens that occur due to the use of App-V intermittently when logging in on the credentials page.
- Furthermore, the patch addresses Windows to go into BitLocker recovery that occurs after a servicing update.
- Addresses a problem that causes searchindexer.exe to keep handles to the per-user search database in the following path after you sign out: “C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\<SID>\”. Because of this, searchindexer.exe stops working and further duplicate profile names are created.
- The patch addresses DLL module that leaks memory within a WmiPrvSE.exe process.
- Also, it addresses VPN users Windows 10 are unable to connect to Windows Server 2019 Remote Access service and Routing servers problem.
- This monthly C release preview update rollout addresses SDN virtual machines not functioning problem that happens when you configure the Generic Routing Encapsulation aka GRE VPN bandwidth limitation.
- This patch addresses memory leak that might occur because of the problem in Code Integrity.
- This edition enhances Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s functionality to recognize and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- KB5006744 cumulative update addresses a memory leak issue in lsass.exe on domain controllers in the forest root domain that occurs when you have multiple forests and multiple domains in each forest. Specifically, the SID-Name mapping functions leak memory when a request comes from a different domain in the forest and crosses forest boundaries.
- The patch makes the Windows Server Storage Migration Service better by adding support for migration Windows Servers configured with Azure File Sync cloud tiering. Moreover, this release addresses multiple problems and improves reliability. See details – Storage Migration Service overview.
- Addresses VM Load Balancing feature problem, which ignores a website’s fault domain.
- Finally, the patch addresses successful installation of printers can not be performed using the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).
|Systems that have already installed the Asian language packs, subsequent to obtaining KB4493509, may confront an error. The error code is 0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.||Follow this article – Uninstall and reinstall any language packs. And then follow –|
How to Configure Display and Input Language Settings on Windows 10Click on – Check for Updates and receive the April 2019 Cumulative Update. Attention – in case, reinstalling the language pack does not mitigate, reset your PC as follows – How To Reset Windows 10 Removing Everything, Keeping FilesMicrosoft is trying to get a resolution and will push this through a release.
|Subsequent to receiving KB5001342 or further, the Cluster Service might not start because a Cluster Network Driver is not found.||This problem happens due to an update to the PnP class drivers used by this service. You can restart your device and not encounter this issue for about 20 minutes.|
See the full detail – KB5003571.
How to download KB5006744 in Windows 10 1809 OS Build 17763.2268 and install
Prior to taking any step, ensure that you have installed KB5005112. now follow –
1] Via Windows update
- Click on Search and type updates.
- Press the Enter.
- Select – Check for updates.
- When the downloading is completed a notification appears, click ‘Restart now’ on this.
2] Through Windows update
- Click the KB5006744 direct download link.
- When you are navigated to a page discover the file that is relevant to your system architecture and then click the Download button for that.
- Click the link available on the prompted page.
- After downloading double-click on the patch with .msu.
- Go, with the instructions displayed on the screen till the end to complete the installation.