The Dev channel of Windows 11 insider is obtaining a new build today with crucial bug fixes and 7th anniversary badges. Windows 11 22483.1000 is the build whose expiration date is 10.31.2021.
Complete build number of this release is – 10.0.22483.1000.rs_prerelease.211015-1431. The earlier Dev Channel build from the RS_PRERELEASE branch will expire on the date 10.31.2021, so, install the current update as soon as possible. This week, the insider team is going to begin rolling out the 7th anniversary badge on the occasion.
Windows 11 22483.1000 Changes, Fixes, and Known issues
Here is the changelog –
Changes and Improvements
- More and Recommended on the Start menu allow to right-click to refresh the items shown there. Both are right clickable now.
- Fixed the Search appearing black without any content below the search box.
- Searching for display will now return Display Settings instead of Display color calibration.
- Error “wsl.localhost is unavailable, insufficient resources exist” pop up that appears when trying to access the Linux entry for WSL in File Explorer navigation pane on ARM64 PC is fixed.
- Windows 11 22483.1000 fixed cellular data not working problem that occurred on certain devices in recent Dev builds.
- The rollout addressed an issue with NTFS when the USN journal was enabled, where it was doing extra unnecessary action with each write, impacting the “I/O” performance.
- This build improved screen reader usage and keyboard navigation of Performance Monitor.
- In the Processes tab of Task Manager, Webview2 processes should now get places in the proper group with the app using it.
- Fixed the Publisher column in Task Manager that was not retrieving publisher names.
Windows 11 22483.1000 known issues
- You may encounter the message – The build you are trying to install is Flight Signed when updating from the build 22000.abc using ISO. If you want to install further, select Enable and then restart the PC. Now, retry by clicking Check for updates.
- For some users, screen and sleep timeouts might be reduced. The team is researching the potential impact that sleep timeouts and shorter screen could have on energy consumption.
- Furthermore, the insider team is investigating reports that the Processes tab in Task Manager is blank sometimes.
- The experts are working on a fix for bugcheck with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCPTION that occurs when updating, starting with the previous build. In case, encountered this issue previously, try rebooting and re-trying the update.
- The insider team professionals are investigating reports that Xbox Game Pass games are failing to install with error code 0x00000001.
- On Windows 11 22483.1000 Rs_Prerelease, you might not be able to enter text when using Search from Start or the Taskbar. Encountering the issue, then press WIN and R at a time to launch the Run dialog box, then close it.
- On this build, The Taskbar will oftentimes flicker when switching IME.
- The experts are working on the fix for tooltip that appears in an unexpected location on hovering over the Taskbar corner.
- Additionally, after clicking the Search icon on the Taskbar, the Search panel may not prompt. If you get this issue, restart the Explorer.exe process, and then open the search panel again.
- The expert’s team is investigating reports that the brightness or volume slider isn’t displaying properly in Quick Settings.
Download – Windows 11 Build 22483 ISO direct download link (Ready now)
Source – Windows insider blog.