The updates KB5010345 and KB5010351 for Windows 10 1909 and 1809 respectively were rolled out as part of the Patch Tuesday releases. Along with the overall improvement of security, these appear to resolve or at least work upon certain ongoing issues the developers have been trying to resolve.
In this article, we’ll be taking a look at the changes, known issues, etc. of these patches as well as the ways to get them. Note that it is recommended that you get the most recent Servicing Stack Update before you get the LCU.
KB5010351 and KB5010345 for Windows 1809 and 1909 update
Here is the changelog –
Changes and bug fixes
- These security updates KB5010345 and KB5010351 include quality improvements for the overall Windows OS security.
- KB5010345 brings an update in DST to start in February 2022 instead of March 2022 in Jordan.
- Both these patches do address a problem that used to cause the failure of an LDAP Modify operation if the operation carries the SamAccountName AND UserAccountControl attributes. The error message you’d end up with when this issue occurs would be Error: 0x20EF. The directory service encountered an unknown failure.
While there are no known issues in KB5010345, the following are the known issues in KB5010351:
This issue remains as it did during the previous patch. Ever since the roll out of KB4493509, devices with certain Asian language packs installed may receive the error, 0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.
- Simply try to uninstall and reinstall any language packs you added recently
- If that doesn’t work, Check for Updates in Settings and install the April 2019 Cumulative Update.
- In case that does not work as well, you can try to reset your PC by going to the Settings app => Recovery => Get Started under the Reset this PC. Further, select Keep my Files.
Post the installation of KB5001342 or any of the later LCU, the Cluster Service might fail to start with an indication that a Cluster Network Driver is not found.
This issue is caused by an update to the PnP class drivers that are used by this service. If you do face this issue, you can try waiting for about 20 minutes. After this, you should ideally be able to restart your device and not encounter this error.
Ever since getting the patches released on January 11, 2022, or later, the applications that use the Microsoft .NET Framework to acquire or set Active Directory Forest Trust Information might face some issues. They may fail or close or end up causing certain errors like the access violation (0xc0000005) error. It’s noted that the affected apps were found to be commonly using the System.DirectoryServices API.
You can attempt to resolve this issue manually by applying the out-of-band updates for the version of the .NET Framework that is being used by the app. You might want to not that your system won’t automatically install these out-of-band updates. To get the package, search for the KB number on the Microsoft Update Catalog website. You can get further instructions on this workaround on Microsoft’s website.
How to download KB5010345 and KB5010351 ON Windows 1909 and 1809 and install
Windows usually get updates automatically. But, just in case your system doesn’t due to your settings or configurations, here is how you can download this update.
1] Through Windows Settings
- Open Settings by pressing shortcut keys Windows + I.
- Go to – Update & security -> Windows update > Check for updates.
- If any updates are due, allow the system to complete the installation.
- Restart the PC after the installation is done.
2] Through Microsoft Update Catalog
Microsoft update Catalog is where you can usually find all the updates made available for Windows. To manually get the update, you just need to go to the website and search for the relevant update using the search feature. Sometimes, you may see a lot of links listed in there for the same patch. In such cases, you can download the ones that are listed for your system architecture or that don’t give you an error pop-up when you try to run the file. Once you download the right file, simply follow the on-screen instruction to install the update. See – How to Download and Install Update from Microsoft update catalog on Windows 11/10.
1] KB5010345 direct download link.
2] KB5010351 direct download link.