Windows 11 is getting Patch Tuesday update for the month of June 2022. KB5014697 is the Security update that increases the OS build version to 22000.739. The release includes some important bug fixes and improvements.
Full name of the Patch is 2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based System (KB5014697). Let’s see the changes brought by the security update.
KB5014697 fixes, changes, and known issues
Here is the changelog –
Bug fixes and changes
This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
|This issue is applicable to IT admins||Subsequent to receiving this update, some .NET Framework 3.5 apps might have problems or fail to open. Affected applications are using some optional components in .NET Framework 3.5, for instance, WCF or WWF WCF components.||You can settle this by disabling and re-enabling the .NET Framework 3.5 and the Windows Communication Foundation in Windows Features. You can follow the guidelines from Enable the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel. Techie users or IT admins can perform this using an elevated Command Prompt and running the underneath commands:
How to download KB5014697 and install
Remember before starting to install the June 2022 Security update; check if the latest SSU 22000.702 is already installed. Now follow the guide –
Way-1: Via Settings
- Click – Start.
- Select Settings.
- Choose Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates.
Way-2: Using Microsoft update catalog
- Go to KB5014697 direct download link.
- You will be sent to Microsoft update catalog website. Find the correct link keeping the system specifications of your device in mind. Click Download.
- A separate page will appear, click on the link of the Standalone file for KB.
- After downloading is completed, double click .msu file.
- If prompted click on Yes.
- Leave your computer to complete the installation.