Yellow Exclamation Mark on Network Icon on Windows 8 or 8.1 Taskbar indicates disrupted Internet Connection on PC. You can remove this mark by editing registry editor.
When you want to surf the internet and find network icon on the taskbar is having a yellow warning signal on Windows 8 which denote that internet connection is not available or limited for your PC. Actually internet connection is accessible on your PC but it is limited and you could not surf. At times it becomes irritating or disturbing for you as the network icon keep on flashing the yellow warning signal on it. This tips is to remove yellow warning signal from network icon on the taskbar. Follow the below steps.
How to remove the yellow warning signal from the network icon on the Windows 8 taskbar
- Press Windows + R keys jointly on the keyboard.
- A Run dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Type regedit on the text field.
- Click Ok to continue.
- An User Account Control window will pop asking your confirmation.
- Click Yes.
- A Registry Editor window is now open.
- Follow this registry key path –
- Right click in the right panel of the Registry Window.
- Select New, then DWORD Value.
- Enter a name to the new key as NC_DoNotShowLocalOnlyIcon
- Now double click on it.
- An Edit DWORD Value window appears on the screen.
- Enter the Value Data as 1 in the field provided.
- Click Ok.
- Close the Registry Editor window and restart the Windows and see that the yellow warning signal is removed from the network icon.