Currently, Skype is offering first-rate IM capability to windows versions. Now Windows Live Messenger has been integrated into Skype by Microsoft. But many Windows 8.1 users still prefer the old method to do their messaging works using Windows Live Messenger. So a lot of users want to restore the Windows Live Messenger again in windows 8.1 as a preferred IM client instead of Skype. To get it back, you need to follow a simple process.
How to Restore Windows Live Messenger in Windows 8.1
- Firstly, visit this address and download an app called Messenger Reviver.
- Next, save this app to a particular location like your desktop where you can access easily during next process.
- Then start the app from your desktop and click on the Run button. Don’t worry; this app is fairly free from virus or other risky items.
- Once this app is started, you are capable to install two types of Windows Live Messenger versions.
- As soon as the installation process is finished, the Windows Live Messenger service will begin in background mode.
- If you don’t get it on the Start screen of Windows 8.1 version then use the search charms to navigate and open it.
- Next, you will get the old style of Windows Live Messenger sign in the window and enter your Live ID and password.
It is important to know that the Messenger Reviver app has hidden a few handy options of Windows Live Messenger features. Go Advanced button and select Patch Messenger option in order to start the messaging works.