Similar to Phone Halo feature, the Samsung Galaxy S4 has added an infrared port. Using it, you can use Galaxy S4 smartphone as a TV remote. With built-in TV watching app namely WatchOn, the Galaxy S4 can browse channels simply. But at first, you need the Set Built-in Watchon to use Galaxy S4 as a TV Remote.
1. Enjoy Gesture Feature by Enabling Motion Controls on the Galaxy S4
2. How to Use Dual Camera Mode for the Galaxy S4 in Easy Steps
To setup WatchOn app, follow the below given tips:
Launch the WatchOn app and select your country.
On the next screen, enter your zip code and choose your content provider.
Under Personalize window, tap on the Personalize option. If you don’t want, select Skip.
If you have selected personalize option in the previous step then select the categories of TV shows and movies that you watch on your Galaxy S4 phone. Then press the Next option at the top screen.
After selecting the preferred channel category like Sports, press Next option at the top screen.
On the next screen (Basic Profile), enter your age and gender information, if you like.
Finally, tap on the Done button at the top of the screen.
How to Set Built-in Watchon to use Galaxy S4 as a TV Remote
- Again launch the WatchOn app and tap on the remote icon in the top right side of the screen.
- Then press the Set Up Now button.
- Now choose your TV brand from the shown list in the next screen.
- Now press the on-screen Power button to verify the remote code for your TV.
- If it works, press this option “yes, this code works”.
- If not, press this option “No, test next code”.
- On the next screen (Select Your Channel Source), you get channels from either your set-top box or TV.
If you are using the set-top box, select the source from the given set-top box brand list.
- Tap on the channel option to view, if the WatchOn app code works with your set-top box.
If the WatchOn app code works, select this option – Yes, This Code Works.
How to control your TV through WatchOn app of Galaxy S4
- Launch the WatchOn app and press the remote icon in the top right side of the screen.
- If you like to run your TV, press the TV option at the top of the screen.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to raise a list of extra controls option.
- If you like to control your set-top box, tap on the correctly labeled option at the top of the screen. Similar to the TV option, swipe up from the top of the screen.
In this way, you can successfully Set Built-in Watchon to use Galaxy S4 as a TV Remote.