Windows 10 Build 17754 Redstone 5 strikes to the Insiders computers who opted Fast ring. The update includes several important fixes for Action Center reliability, Taskbar Flyouts, multiple monitors, PWAs link, Crashing in Settings and others. You will no longer notice Watermark on the desktop, but final build is yet to come.
You are able to receive Windows 10 Build 17754 from Windows update section of Update & Security. The update has 2 unknown issues which should be fixed in the upcoming build.
Windows 10 Build 17754 –
Windows 10 Build 17754 Fixes and Improvements Details
Common changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the bottom right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this current build. Microsoft declared that this is not the final version of 1809 and they are still checking the final code to prepare for the final release.
- Windows 10 build 17754 solved decreased Action Center reliability.
- The team fixed the flyout fails to open when other is already open on Taskbar.
- They resolved some elements might become unexpectedly tiny for people with multiple monitors. The issue occurs when the Open or Save Dialog was transferred among monitors.
- Windows 10 insider team solved certain applications crashing recently when setting focus to the in-app search box.
- They settled certain games, like League of Legends, not opening or connecting properly.
- Windows 10 build 17754 solved web links in PWAs, for example, Twitter didn’t launch the browser.
- In the current build, PWAs not rendering properly is solved after the application had been suspended then resumed.
- When you paste multi-line text into some sites using Edge browser this might include unexpected blank lines between. Microsoft has fixed this issue in Windows 10 Build 17754.
- They solved a crash of the built-in browser while using the pen to ink in web notes.
- Windows 10 developers resolved a high hitting Task Manager crash.
- They fixed Settings crashing with multiple monitors when using different options on the Display section.
- Windows 10 build 17754 includes a solution for crash in Settings application in recent flights. The issue occurs when you click the Verify link on the Accounts Settings page.
- The update fixed contents of the Apps & Features Settings page could not load until the apps list was ready. The problem ends up with a blank appearance of the page for a time.
- They solved the list on Settings of built-in phrases for the Pinyin IME was empty.
- Windows insider team resolved the Narrator issue in this build where going to Microsoft Edge history items would not work in Scan mode.
- Windows 10 Build 17754 comes up with improvements in the Narrator Selection. The changes are made for the Microsoft Edge we browser.
Windows 10 Build 17754 Known issues
Coming from previous a few builds, Make Text bigger option in Ease of access settings doesn’t work properly. The setting gets text clipping issues, or you view that text does increase everywhere.
One more issue is regarding Narrator where it doesn’t sometimes read in the Settings app when you switch using Tab and arrow keys. Give an attempt to navigate Narrator Scan mode for that time. When you disable Scan mode, Narrator will now start reading. As a second option, you can restart Narrator.
Source – Windows Experience blog.