Windows 10 Build 18999 [20H1] comes out to the Insiders in the Fast ring carrying a heap of fixes, changes, and improvements. This specific update in the Release Preview grants you Your Phone app – to unveil the Calls feature which is available to the insiders only. Furthermore, the company includes the major accessibility improvements such as resolving – error 0x8007023e, Optional Features page, File Explorer, and more.
Being into the Fast ring, you’re able to straightaway get Build 18999 20H1 via Windows Update. For this, just open the Windows Settings app and then expand the Update & Security. After that, hit the ‘Check for updates’ button and let download the Build 18999 on your Windows 10 PC. To get automatically you need to ensure that you haven’t either disabled or paused the automatic updates feature. Let us walk through the details and see what important features and changes build 18999 carries for you.
Table of Contents
Windows 10 Build 18999 [20H1] Features
Here is the Windows 10 Build 18999 changelog –
You have the ability to Calls from your PC
Microsoft team has proclaimed the Calls feature at the Samsung Unpacked event in August, and you saw a live demo at last week’s Surface event. Currently, the company is going to unveil the most awaited Calls feature to the Windows Insider community.
According to the software giant, now there’s no need to dig for the Android phone to answer the personal or work calls. To stay connected, simply answer your phone calls on your device. Furthermore, for having a richer calling experience, tap into the PC’s speakers, microphone, and a large screen.
With the Calls feature you can –
- You are able to reply to incoming phone calls on your system.
- Start the phone calls from your device using an in-app dialer or contact list.
- Apart from this, the company also grants you to reject the incoming calls on your machine using custom text or send it directly to your phone’s voicemail.
- Open the recent call history on your PC. You can experience the number within the dialer screen just by clicking on a specific call.
- You will experience the seamless transfer calls between your device and phone.
Calls from PC requirements delivered through this build
- Android Phones 7.0 or higher
- Windows 10 PC with Bluetooth radio
- Requires 19H1build or newer
- Requires minimum Windows 10 build 18362.356
- According to the tech giant, in some specific cases, the Calls feature may require you to pair your mobile phone & PC the second time. If you have already paired first of all unpair your machine and then start the Calls set up flow.
Users on the latest build will gradually get this feature. Accordingly, it may take a few days to be available inside the Your Phone app.
Move & resize Cortana’s still in process
This feature will first be provided to the user on the Build 18975.
The Developers team is upto now working for extending the region/language support for the new Cortana app. Also, the Insiders outside of English will notice a message when starting Cortana saying “Cortana isn’t available.”
Windows 10 Build 18999 common changes, improvements, and fixes
- Microsoft team resolved an issue resulting in some Insiders observing error 0x8007023e when installing updates.
- On updating the earlier build 18995, several users reported experiencing an error that shows the same build still needs to install. In this context, you won’t see this issue on future flights.
- In the previous build, the Optional Features page used to crash unexpectedly. This issue has been resolved in this update.
- With this build, now you’re able to launch the Windows Settings through the Start button.
- The Windows 10 team solved a deadlock in the Network and Sharing Center Control Panel, that could result in it not loading.
- Microsoft experts settled an issue that wouldn’t be visible when you attempted to start it using the WIN+C together. It used to happen if Cortana has been shifted from the default position.
- On installing this build, battery saver SearchFilterHost.exe will not consume the surprisingly high volume of CPU.
- In this update, now the search option will not crash. This incident used to happens when a Start Menu layout including a folder has been implemented via group policy.
- The company resolved an issue that was affecting VPN connection reliability.
- Developers team settled an issue in Narrator which caused Chrome to become unstable when navigating web content.
- With Windows 10 Build 18999, you will see that the word ‘group’ is now represented with a ‘grp’. These alterations took place in Narrator braille, group header contextual elements.
- Microsoft developers confirmed that the narrator will not exhibit the text being spoken when reverting to the same edit field in braille. It used to occurs just after navigating back from an element that did not support a standard text control.
- In this context, the company has worked on Magnifier. On closing and re-launching, you will see that now this software remembers its window position.
- Now, the text cursor indicator can easily exhibit an accurate location after the content was scrolled.
- The team resolved an issue in the Search bar in either Control Panel or File Explorer where the box becomes grey and hampers input.
- Those devices set for a dual scan (WSUS and Windows Update) for updates are able to granted new builds in the Fast ring.
- The bluish tint available with some devices on their HDR display is now removed with this build. The issue commonly occurs after using Night Light.
- The tech giant fixed an issue where certain 2D apps were incorrectly being treated as having protected content within Windows Mixed Reality and were blocking their content from being recorded. For example – Feedback Hub, Microsoft Store, 3D Viewer
- Microsoft specialist settled an issue that emerges when you take a repro video while filing a bug via Feedback Hub in Windows Mixed Reality, you couldn’t select Stop video.
- Additionally, Windows 10 team resolved the issue causing theme packs downloaded from the Store to fail to apply.
- There was a severe concern about the anti-cheat program uses with games. However, when you update to the latest build 18999, you may face some crashes experience the PC. With the associates’ partners, the company is working on to receive their software updates with a relevant fix. Most of the games are releasing the patch to prevent PC from encountering this issue. To mitigate the possibility of running into this issue, ensure that your device is working on the most recent version of your games. The team is working with anti-cheat and game developers to settle down similar issues. This will work to decrease the possibility of these issues in the forthcoming days.
Source – Windows Experience Blog