Windows 10 Build 19018 [20H1] comes out to the Insiders in the Fast ring carrying a bunch of fixes, changes, and improvements. The specific update in the Release Preview grants you 4 quick web searches now in Search Home. This feature assists you to locate the info that matters even faster. Furthermore, the company includes the major accessibility improvements such as resolving – troublesome in the one handed touch keyboard, not responding to Hey Cortana, and more. Being into the Fast ring, you’re able to straight away get Build 19018 20H1 via Windows Update. For this, just open the Windows Settings app and then expand the Update & Security. After that, hit the ‘Check for updates’ button and let download the Build 19018 on your Windows 10 PC. Let us walk through the details and see what important features and changes build 19018 carries for you.
Windows 10 Build 19018 [20H1] Features
Here is the Windows 10 Build 19018 changelog –
Instant searches in Search Home
The tech giant added four quick web searches to your Search Home which will support you to unearth the info that matters even faster.
- Weather – You will get current conditions and the upcoming forecast.
- Top news – Read the latest headlines from popular news sites.
- Today in history – Explore four events that happened on this day.
- New movies – Find out what’s playing in theaters near you.
Choose the search box to open the Search Home and after that pick one of the quick search button. This will preview these web answers and consequences. However, if you require instant outcomes about other topics then in this case simply enter a query into the search box for almost everything.
Improvements in design for web preview in search results
Microsoft team has made a few small tweaks to how it looks–here’s what you’ll see now –
Windows 10 Build 19018 General changes, improvements, and fixes
- This build comprises the fix for the issue resulting in a black screen. Also, it detaches over a remote desktop in the last couple of flights. This information is mainly made available for the insiders that did not take the cumulative update to Build 19013.
- With this update, the Settings app will not hang or crash. This issue used to occurs in the previous update while accessing the System or Ease of Access sections.
- Tech giant fixed an issue where if a new account profile picture synced down from the cloud, your old one might not be listed in the picture history in Accounts Settings.
- In this context, you will not experience error 0x80240017 even though the update had actually succeeded.
- Microsoft team settle down an issue that could result in exe using an unexpectedly high amount of CPU when your device was unplugged in recent builds.
- The company resolved an issue that could result in Search sometimes not rendering in the entry space available within the Search window.
- Microsoft expert resolved an issue that could result in Cortana not being visible in the taskbar right after upgrading. Sometimes, it may be visible but not working until you restarted your PC.
- With Windows 10 Build 19018, the team settles down an issue that could result in Cortana not responding to Hey Cortana.
- Now, you are able to type the capital letters using the Shift key. In the previous build, the Shift key was not working properly in certain languages.
- The software giant proclaimed a new keyboard shortcut (WIN + Ctrl + Shift + B) in order to help troubleshoot black screens. For this, just type the new shortcut while your PC is locked. When the issue comes out, then press the keyboard short again. At this time, a reference number will be shown that you can share when reporting your issue.
- The narrator no longer proclaims changes in fonts when they have not changed.
- With this build, the software giant updated the Narrator autocorrect sound to be more compatible with the editing experience.
- Furthermore, they also enhanced the Narrator’s navigation and reading experience within Chrome.
- With this update, they enhanced the Outlook experience with Magnifier. It happens when Magnifier is set to track the text cursor in the center of the screen. Moreover, arrowing up and down in a list of emails will no longer force the viewport to the left of the list of messages.
- BattlEye and Microsoft experts have found inconsistency issues because of alterations in the OS between Insiders Preview build and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To defense Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, the company has implemented a compatibility hold on these devices.
- As per the software giant, the Settings still isn’t available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and is investigating.
- On installing the printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, several users still experiencing the same driver to be available for install. The company is working on this issue.
- With Windows 10 Build 19018, you will observe a 2-hour window Prior to installing the new build. It appears to happen if this build endeavors to download and install before you have performed the first login of a prior install.
Source – Windows Experience Blog