Dev channel for Windows 11 Insider is obtaining a new update with a considerable number of bug fixes and some new known issues. Most of all, this build has revealed a plan to revamp the Accounts Settings page on the basis of Feedback hub. Windows 11 Build 22489.1000 is the update that has fixed Task manager Processes tab blank, Explorer.exe crash, bug checking with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCPTION, and more.
Full name of the build is Windows 11 Insider Preview 22483.1000 (rs_prerelease). This update comes under Rs_Prerelase and its expiration date is 10/31/2021 when the branch will also expire.
Windows 11 Build 22489.1000 Changes fixes and Known issues
Here is the changelog –
Windows 11 Build 22489.1000 (rs_prerelease) is introducing a new entry point for Your Microsoft account under Settings > Account. Once you will select this new entry point, this settings page will show the details related to your Microsoft account. This will include Microsoft Rewards, links to order history, payment details, and your subscriptions for Microsoft 365. After then the Microsoft account will be accessible within Settings in Windows 11. This change is currently being delivered to a very small set of Insiders and then will ramp it up over time.
Through this rollout, Microsoft revealed a plan for changes in settings over time. They will modify settings on the basis of your feedback from Feedback Hub via Online Service Experience Packs. These Online Service Experience Packs work identically to the Windows Feature Experience Packs. This means it will allow you to make updates to Windows outside of major OS updates. Windows Feature Experience Packs will be able to deliver broad improvements across multiple areas of Windows dissimilar to the Online Service Experience Packs that will be focused on delivering improvements for a specific experience such as the new Your Microsoft account settings page. For instance, Windows Update would show Online Service Experience Pack – Windows. Settings Account with a version number. Right now, this mechanism is in the testing phase with the new Your Microsoft account settings page.
Improvements and Changes
- The current rollout added support for Discovery of Designated Resolvers. This permits Windows to discover encrypted DNS configuration from a DNS resolver known only by its IP address. Go for knowing more.
- To make the consistency better, the company is updating the name of the Connect app to now be Wireless Display. This application is a feature-on-demand aka FOD and can be turned on through Settings => Apps => Optional features => Add an optional feature.
- The build will be having split up Apps & Features Settings. The two pages located under Apps will be Installed Apps and Advanced app settings.
- Windows Sandbox is working on ARM64 PCs since the previous build
- In Windows 11 Build 22489.1000, App icons on the second monitor should draw more reliably. Earlier it was blank.
- This Dev channel rollout stopped the explorer.exe crash that was occurring sometimes when using the Desktop context menu.
- Furthermore, the build fixed an explorer.exe crash that was occurring sometimes when canceling the Desktops flyout.
- When you will right click on a drive from the File explorer you will find Pin to Quick Access as a top-level option.
- Context menu launch performance has been improved in this build.
- Also, Bring a few fixes for helping improve explorer.exe reliability during using File Explorer.
- On, Windows 11 Insider Preview 22483.1000 (rs_prerelease), closing windows in Task View should look less jumpy now.
- The experts in the insider team did some work to help address flickering in the app window that occurs during resizing certain apps.
- The team addressed Windows Update settings crashing issue.
- It added a space that was not appearing in the search results when searching for Touch Keyboard settings.
- The experts fixed a Settings crash that occurs when trying to customize options in Wheel Settings.
- The animation will no longer appear after dismissing a notification through X if animations are turned.
- The team fixed media controls not showing up in Quick Settings sometimes when music was playing.
- Furthermore, believed to have impacted hardware media key usage.
- In Windows 11 Insider Preview 22483.1000 (rs_prerelease), the tooltip for the Wi-Fi option under Quick Settings should no longer fly to the top of the screen.
- The professionals in the insider team mitigated an underlying issue that was causing the Processes tab in Task Manager to be blank sometimes. The root cause for this issue is the same as for UAC to open very slowly.
- The current build Windows 11 Build 22489.1000 addressed Xbox Game Pass games are failing to install and throwing the error code 0x00000001.
- Furthermore, the rollout fixed get-winevent in PowerShell that was failing with an InvalidOperationException (Issue #60740).
- The build mitigated a high hitting mousocoreworker.exe crash that occurred in the last few flights.
- The team did some work to try and improve the layout of the text in notification buttons in situations where there is both an icon and text.
- Now onward the Get Started app will no longer crash after you will uninstall the Tips app.
- Also, the experts fixed the bug check with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCPTION that occurred when updating on previous builds.
- Finally, they made an underlying change to fix an unexpected “bad image error message dialog on boot.
- You will catch sight of links to “For developers”, “Recovery”, and “Windows Update” in the main Windows Update Settings page. In this situation, click on Windows Update a second time to check for updates. The “For developers” as well as “Recovery” links should be missing from Windows Update in settings. These problems will be solved in a future build.
- If you are trying to install a build through ISO and currently the Build number is 22000.xxx, you may encounter a pop-up – “The build you are trying to install is Flight Signed. To continue installing, enable flight signing”. In this case, select Enable, restart the computer, and attempt once more.
- Several users might be confronting decreased sleep and screen timeout. The insider team professionals are looking into the potential impact that sleep timeout, as well as, shorter screen could have on energy consumption.
- Furthermore, they are trying to fix and looking into Task Manager Processes tab which becomes blank sometimes.
- They are working on a fix for bug check with SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION that occurs when updating, starting with the previous build. In case you have already encountered it, try restarting and then retry the update.
- Also, they are digging out Xbox Game Pass games that are failing to install with error 0x00000001.
- Sometimes, you might fail to enter text when using Search from Taskbar or Start. Press Windows logo key and R keys altogether to open the Run dialog box and close it.
- On Windows 11 build 22483.1000 (rs_prerelease) version rollout, Taskbar will infrequently flicker during switching the input method editors.
- Additionally, the team is trying to fix tooltips that appears in an unexpected location after hovering over the Taskbar corner.
- The Search panel might not be unfolded when clicking on Search icon from the Taskbar. If you come across this problem go to the taskbar and restart explorer.exe. Then try to open the search.
- The experts in the team investigating brightness as well as volume slider are not displaying properly in Quick Settings.
Windows 11 Build 22489 Download link direct (when ready)
Source – Windows blog.