Deliverance of patch Tuesday, 13/12/2022 security patches is going on and in this sequence, Windows 10 version 22H2, 21H2, 21H1, & 20H2 are receiving builds. KB5021233 is the release bringing improvements and bug fixes. This LCU will change the version number to 19045.2364, 19044.2364, 19043.2364, and 19042.2364 respectively. See the previous month’s security update – Windows 10 KB5019959 22H2, 21H2, 21H1, 20H2 is Available.
Full name of the patch is 2022-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems ( KB5021233) where x64 is changeable and it can also be x86 or ARM64. Let’s see what’s new in this release –
KB5021233 for Windows 10 21H2, 21H1 December 2022 update
Here is the changelog –
Bug fixes and changes
- This update addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.
|With the effect of this patch, the Legacy version of Microsoft Edge might be removed but not substituted with the new chromium edition of the same which should be. This problem occurs on computers having Windows installations created from custom ISO image or offline media. The reason is directly slipstreaming the media or ISO images without having first installed the SSU dated 29/03/2021 or later.
Important – Systems that are straight getting from Windows Update are not affected. An example is Windows Update for Business. So remember that you should always obtain the most recent version of SSU and LCU without any additional steps.
|To stay away from this glitch, first of all, slipstream the SSU dated 29/03/2021 or later into the ISO image or custom offline media prior to slipstreaming the LCU. You will have to extract the SSU from the combined package for this with the combined LCU and SSU packages now used for Windows 10 v20H2 and Windows 10 v2004. Follow the steps to extract the Servicing Stack Update:
In case, you have already faced this problem mitigate it by straight away installing the new Microsoft Edge. To extensively deploy Microsoft Edge for business, have knowledge of Download and deploy Microsoft Edge for business.
How to download KB5021233 on Windows 10 21H2, 21H1, 2004 and install
Start with ensuring that SUU’s most recent edition is already installed on the computer. Now proceed with the steps below to install KB 5021233 –
1] Via automatic Windows update
- Click on Start from the taskbar.
- Type – updates and press Enter.
- Select – Check for updates.
- Hold on for some moments until the Cumulative update is not completely downloaded. Once it gets over, you will meet with a popup; select Restart now.
2] Using manual procedure from Microsoft update catalog
- Click on the KB5021233 direct download link.
- Once you reached Microsoft update catalog, find the file compatible with the Windows version and system architecture.
- Select Download for that file and click on the link located on a separate page.
- Open the .MSU file and select Yes on the confirmation pop-up.