An update is available for the October 10, 2023 security release containing security fixes that were missing in the patch. KB5032874 is the release for .NET 6.0.24. We have previously discussed that .NET 7.0.13 and .NET 6.0.24 Released as a security update.
This release includes both security and non-security fixes. .NET 6.0 servicing updates are in fact upgrades as this will automatically delete the previous update upon successful installation. As for knowledge, when .NET 6.0.24 is installed .NET 6.0.23 version will be automatically removed from the computer if present.
KB5032874 .NET 6.0 Update October 24 2023
You must have at least Windows 10 Version 1607, Windows 11 Version 22000, or Windows Server 2012 to receive KB5032874. This version is available on Windows client, WSUS, and the Microsoft Update Catalog website for Windows Server.
This update having the next version will be delivered if you have .NET 6.0 installed on a supported version of Windows.
To complete the installation you may have to reboot the device after applying the update if any affected files are being used. Remember to close all .NET based applications before you apply this update.
This will replace the previous .NET 6.0.23 and delete all the files set up by this version. Then the 6.0.24 (the most recent version) will be fully installed.
How to download KB5032874 and install
- Navigate to the Microsoft Update Catalog website using the above link and find the file supporting your computer.
- Click on the Download button.
- A popup will appear; click on the link dotnet-runtime-6.0.24-win-x64_5a2a1a943938f8fd7eaf0f463c156948f3917637.exe.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click on the .exe file.
- Click on Install from the Microsoft .Net Runtime – 6.0.24 (x64 or your device’s architecture).
- The installer will complete its work; click on Close.
- Restart the system to apply the update.
If you want to see the lifecycle of .NET 6.0 then navigate to dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/platform/support/policy/dotnet-core
To see the support policy for this application and get the most up-to-date details go to dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/platform/support/policy/dotnet-core
Source: Release note.