The Beta channel received a new build with a large list of improvements and bug fixes. KB5031448 is the LCU that brings Windows 11 Build 22635.2552. The changes include System Components as a new setting, customization options for Dynamic Lighting OEMs, and several fixes. The new features are gradually being rolled out to Beta channel so remember to enable “Get the latest update as soon as they’re available” located at the path “Settings > Windows Update”.
Full name of this release is Cumulative Update for Windows Insider Preview (10.0. 22635.2552) (KB5031448). Let’s see what are new in this update.
KB5031448 Windows 11 Build 22635.2552 changes, improvements, and bug fixes
Here is the changelog:
- “System Components” currently available under Settings > Apps > Installed Apps page, has been placed into its own page under Settings > System > System Components.
Fixes for everyone in the Beta Channel
- KB5031448 adds new customization options for Dynamic Lighting OEMs. You are able to customize OS images for new PCs. This contains setting up Dynamic Lighting defaults.
- This update supports the currency change in Croatia from the Kuna to the Euro.
- Windows 11 Build 22635.2552 addresses an issue that affects cellular settings. The name of the mobile operator is incorrect.
- This LCU in Beta channel addresses an issue that occurs after you run a Push-button reset. You fail to set up Windows Hello facial recognition. This affects devices that have Windows Enhanced Sign-in Security (ESS) turned on.
- This release addresses an issue that has an impact on fontdrvhost.exe. The executable stops responding when you use Compact Font Format version 2 (CFF2) fonts.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Windows Mixed Reality. Microsoft Store stops responding when you try to access it using Windows Mixed Reality headsets.
- KB5031448 addresses Widgets notification badge problem. It is in an inaccurate position on the taskbar.
- This update addresses PowerShell versions greater than 7.3.1 problem. Because of this, scripts might be blocked and not let them run in Constrained Language Mode. The issue occurs when you enable a WDAC policy.
- This Beta channel release addresses Automatically Hide the Taskbar setting problem. You are unable to configure it using the SHAppBarMessage()
- Windows 11 Build 22635.2552 changes the English ex-name of the Republic of Turkey. The new and official name is the Republic of Türkiye.
- This update addresses a problem impacting devices where you’ve configured Windows Information Protection (WIP) policies alongside a proxy setup, resulting in a stop error. This issue specifically arises on devices employing Microsoft Defender Application Guard. It’s worth noting that in previous iterations, WIP was referred to as enterprise data protection (EDP).
- This distribution addresses a memory leak in ctfmon.exe.
- Beta channel update addresses a situation where an issue arises when utilizing Universal Print to add a printer based on its location. When navigating the tree view structure, the tree nodes do not function as anticipated.
- This update supports daylight saving time aka DST changes.
- LCU addresses a concern impacting the Device Management (DM) client. Specifically, it addresses the extended duration of the sync session for the enrollment status page (ESP), which may exceed your initial expectations.
- Also, this update tackles a problem concerning touchscreens. When multiple displays are in use, they may not function correctly.
- This update addresses the Windows Firewall Profile problem. If you’re on a domain-authenticated network, it incorrectly identifies it as a public domain. This is inaccurate.
- KB5031448 addresses a problem in Outlook where the application becomes unresponsive when attempting to print to an Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) printer with a slow response time.
- A memory leak in TextInputHost.exe is addressed by this release.
- This update addresses a problem with robocopy where the use of the /efsraw switch prevents it from copying data correctly.
- This update addresses an error that occurs when you print using v4 print drivers.
- This update enhances the performance of the search box experience.
- This update addresses a problem with the Firewall Configuration Service Provider aka CSP that prevents a device from syncing.
- This update makes Country and Operator Settings Asset (COSA) profiles up to date for certain mobile operators.
- This update addresses an issue that blocks external connections. This occurs when you set up a Kubernetes load balanced service and turn on session affinity.
- Windows 11 Build 22635.2552 addresses a problem with Dynamic Lighting where the default provider is not applied as intended, particularly when configured through Unattend files.
- This rollout addresses a problem with File Explorer where it becomes unresponsive when using Microsoft OneDrive.
- This update fixes a problem that could lead to explorer.exe crashing when snapping or moving windows that were part of snap groups.
- Finally, this update addresses an issue that causes File Explorer to go unresponsive when using the option to browse for an app from the Open With dialog. The hanging occurred if you attempted to use the search box in the window while an IME was active.
How to download KB5031448 and install it
- Go to Settings > Windows Update and click on “Check for updates”.
- When downloading is finished, select Restart now.
Download link: download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso (When ready).
Source: Release note.