Windows 11 insider Dev channel has obtained one more update with much significant bug fixes and a new version of SDK. The release brings PC performance improvements and renovation in Microsoft Store for Android. Windows 11 Build 25131.1000 is the update that fixes bug checking, folder browsing, and rounded corner issues.
Full name of this update is Windows 11 Insider Preview 25131.1000 (rs_prerelease) and this is a part of the Windows 11 22H2 development. The company is divulging SDKs for new Dev Channel builds once more. They have started rolling out an update to the Microsoft Store (22205.1401.3.0) to Dev Channel.
Windows 11 build 22H2 25131.1000 changes and fixes
Here is the changelog –
Changes and bug fixes
- Many insiders started encountering bug check on the PCs with certain AMD processors when attempting to upgrade flight of the previous week. This issue might also occur after enabling SVM in the bios. The issue is fixed by Windows 10 build 25131.
- Several Insiders with secondary accounts were not able to upgrade to the most recent builds. The issue is also solved.
- After the arrival of Windows 11 build 25131.1000 22H2, new folder icon used in the command bar should be consistent with the one used in the context menu now.
- The experts in the team fixed file Explorer that could be hanging when browsing folders with a large number of .mkv files.
- Furthermore, they solved searching from Home was not returning any results sometimes from the Open or Save dialog (when doing it from File Explorer returned results).
- On Windows 11 build 25131.1000 22H2, Searching for something like %appdata% should now show a proper folder icon and not just a blank square.
- In the rollout, when choosing Open file location for a search result, it should now select the file in the folder again now, instead of just opening the folder.
- Searching for default will now serve the default apps Settings page as the initial result, without clicking show all results.
- The experts fixed the Listen to this device audio option would stop working after a restart until being unchecked and again checked.
- After you install this update, Narrator will read out the position of the radio buttons located in the Settings -> Accessibility -> Color filters page.
- In this version, lock screen should no longer show a shadow extending to the bottom of the screen when you hover over Do you like what you see? when using Windows Spotlight.
- The Windows 10 build 25131.1000 22H2 rs_prerelease fixed the game performance that was being impacted by some frame rate monitoring apps.
- The new version fixed rounded corners suddenly becoming pixelated at some scale factors.
Windows 11 build 22H2 25131.1000 Known issues
- This is a prevailing issue as Some games using Easyanticheat may crash or cause your PC to bug check. You can follow some solutions in – Fix EasyAntiCheat.sys Blue Screen Error BSOD in Windows 10 or 11.
- This is a new one, and the professionals are investigating reports that shutting down using Start menu isn’t working for some PCs and is unexpectedly rebooting instead.
- In this rollout, some applications in full screen (for instance, video players) prevent live captions from appearing.
- Furthermore, some apps positioned near the uppermost part of the screen and closed before live captions are run will re-launch behind the live captions window placed at the top. Use the system menu (hotkey ALT+Spacebar) while the app has focus to move the app’s window further down.
Microsoft Store new version Version 22205.1401.3.0 is being rolled out
The new version of Microsoft Store bring the following changes –
- The app is smoother on the devices having Native ARM64. You’ll experience better performance and faster when using the app.
- Applications will be updated automatically skipping over apps that you are running. As a result, you will not lose any important work. You are able to update apps later in Microsoft Store.
The build support Android apps for the pop-up store experience
- The store will pop up a guide to install apps you experience on the web. This experience adds support for free Android apps (based on age rating and device compatibility).
- Navigation is now Faster when browsing the store.
- The release brings Improved viewing options UX for movies and TV shows. If you are ready to watch a new show but not sure how to do? After selecting a movie or TV show you can get all the viewing options just in a list.
- You will experience better media purchase options in the Store.
- Direct Download link for Windows Insider SDK 25131 – aka.ms/windowsinsidersdk.
- You can now also see SDK NuGet packages at NuGet Gallery.
- You can see the description of .NET TFM packages to be used in .NET apps at “ms/windowsinsidersdk”.
C++ packages for Win32 headers and libs per architecture
- BuildTools package when you just need tools like MakeAppx.exe, MakePri.exe, and SignTool.exe
- The NuGet packages facilitate more granular access to the SDK and better integrate in CI/CD pipelines.
Download Windows 11 build 25131
Windows 11 insider preview iso download for build 25131 – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/5AzoMBiE#file
When ready on Windows Insider Preview Downloads official website download Windows 11 build 25131 from there.
Source – Windows insider blog.