A new update is available with the reintroduction of Tablet-optimized taskbar and rounded corner system tray. Windows 11 Build 25197.1000 is the Dev Channel release that also carries app updates for Media Player and calculator and a lot of bug fixes.
Full name of this version is Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25197.1000 (rs_prrelease). See what this update delivers to you –
Windows 11 Build 25197
What’s new in Windows 11 Build 25197.1000 –
This build has reintroduced tablet optimized taskbar increasing the comfortability for touch screen users. This feature only works on tablets and not on desktop/laptop PC. Previously this feature was brought with build 22563, February 2022.
You can find this setting on the location Settings => Personalization => Taskbar => Taskbar behaviors The Setting is named Optimize taskbar for touch interactions when this device is used as a tablet which is turned on by default.
System Tray Updates
This rollout brings updates to the System Tray that affect all device types — not just 2-in-1 devices. From now onwards, users will experience a rounded focus and hover treatment on all icons in the lower right. This is due to the continued modernization of the experience.
Changes and Improvements
- From this build, the company has begun to deliver animated icons and illustrations in the Settings app.
- Windows 11 Build 25197.1000 is carrying a small tweak to improve the key repeat rate for the default as well as traditional touch keyboard layout. This is aimed to feel more responsive and available to all Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel. Now onwards this has the rate of 20 keys per second (for instance, when holding down the delete key).
System Tray Updates
- The update fixed flash in the taskbar that occurs because of changes in the system tray in non-tablet-optimized scenarios.
- Furthermore, this rollout fixed parts of the taskbar or its icons such as search that get stuck in the wrong theme’s colors when switching between dark and light themes.
- Subsequent to this build, Date and time should no longer get stuck cutting off on the side of the screen from system tray changes.
- Windows 11 build 25197.1000 fixed a crash that users were seeing when using Start’s recommended section.
- This rollout fixed an issue affecting a small set of Insiders in the last two flights because of an explorer.exe. They encounter a problem with File explorer in which launch folder windows in a separate process not being able to launch.
- Experts in the team did some work to help improve the performance of deleting files via File Explorer. This will be effective when emptying the recycle bin or using Shift+Delete in case where there are a large number of files being deleted at once.
- They solved ctfmon.exe crashes that occurs for some Insiders in recent flights when words were added to your spelling dictionary.
- Also, from now onwards, dragging the voice typing window to another monitor which has a different scaling than the originating monitor should work now instead of bouncing back.
- Experts fixed a sporadic crash in recent flights that occurs when using the input switcher.
- They fixed voice typing and other input features that hang on initialization.
- Windows 11 build 25197.1000 fixed unexpectedly overlapping of Sinhala words.
- Modified the design of the lists displayed Apps => Startup Apps and Apps => Advanced App Settings => App Execution Alias pages to be more consistent with other Settings pages.
- Experts in the team fixed an issue that could lead to Settings crashing when removing devices.
- The rollout updated the Personal Dictionary section that is located under “Privacy & Security => Inking & Typing Personalization” to now say Custom word list.
- They solved the weather icon in the taskbar drawn too high and with no text in recent flights.
- On Windows 11 build 25197.1000, clicking the title bar portion of a preview thumbnail in Task View should now actually switch to that app, instead of just closing Task View.
- The rollout solved a sporadic explorer.exe crash which could happen when using ALT+Tab or Task View.
- The experts fixed an issue that was impacting Task Manager reliability.
- In the rollout of Windows 11 build 25197.1000, in case, graphs have been hidden on the Performance page of Task Manager, the circles used to identify each of the various sections should be less blurry now.
- When trying to print when an IPP printer consumes too long to respond to the print request, some apps could lead to hanging. This is fixed through the update.
- Experts in the team fixed a problem where EnumPrinters wasn’t always returning the correct size for pcb Needed, which could lead to hangs in certain programs.
- They fixed a typo in the dialog displayed that occur when Smart App Control blocked an application.
- Furthermore, they fixed certain characters were missing in the boot environment that occur when using the Korean display or Chinese (Simplified) language, leading to square boxes in the text.
- The company is analyzing reports about audio stopped working for some Insiders they encounter after upgrading to the most recent flights.
- Experts are investigating details of a few different apps having started crashing in recent builds.
- Also, they analyze reports of a bug check that appears when moving the mouse in certain games.
- They are investigating OneDrive setup asking for permission to set up every time their PC reboots.
- The team experts are working on the fix for an issue where command bar items like copy, paste, and empty recycle bin may unexpectedly not be enabled when they should be.
- This is a new known issue. They are investigating uninstalling certain apps using Settings => Apps => Installed apps isn’t working correctly.
- Just after introducing this feature, the taskbar sometimes flashes when transitioning between desktop and tablet posture.
- The experts are looking into Taskbar taking longer than expected to transition to the touch-optimized version when switching between desktop posture and tablet posture.
- In Windows 11 Build 25197.1000, using the right or left edge gestures can end up with the Notification Center or Widgets (respectively) overlapping with or appearing truncated by the taskbar.
- In the new rollout, experts are trying to fix when using the bottom right edge gesture to see Quick Settings, the taskbar sometimes stays stuck in the expanded state, instead of dismissing to the collapsed state.
- Experts are trying to settle when there are no running windows on the desktop, the taskbar can at certain times collapse, when it should be expanded.
- In the current build, the Notification badge number may look misaligned on the taskbar.
- Finally, in the rollout, in certain cases, the notification banner for some badging will no longer appear on the widgets board.
The dev channel build has come with the updates for the following apps –
- Calculator 11.2208.1.0: This edition has added native Arm64 support and better performance.
- Media Player 11.2208.22.0: This edition has added the ability to edit video files in Clipchamp with a new Edit with Clipchamp action available when you right-click a video in your library and in the lower-right corner of the video player UI under more options (…) when playing a video file.
Windows 11 Build 25197.1000 Download link (when ready).
Extra download link for Windows 11 Build 25197 En-Us x64 Home, Pro, Pro Educ., Pro for Work., Educ., Multi-Session, Ent. Vol. Also like the N-Version HiDrive (4.41GB) – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/iMTIs3xM#file
Source Windows blog.