Windows 11 version 22H2 has got the deliverance of the security update for February 2023 addressing several bugs in the version. KB5022845 is the release that changes the build numbers to 22621.1105. See – Windows 11 22621.1105 KB5022303 22H2 is available.
Full name of the release is 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022845 ) where x64 is temporary and can also be substituted with ARM64 according to processor of the concerned device. Let’s see what’s new in the patch –
KB5022845 Windows 11 22H2 changes and bug fixes
Here is the changelog –
Bug fixes and changes
- This update addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.
|IT admins||This is a persisting problem for Windows 11 v22H2 where the provisioning packages might not function as expected. Windows might not be fully set up, and the OOBE might not perform its task or might restart unexpectedly. The packages refer to .PPKG files which are used to assist set up new devices for school or business networks. When implemented during initial configuration these are most possibly to be impacted by this problem.
Important – Keep in mind that PPKG Windows devices using Windows Autopilot are not impacted by this problem.
This problem does not affect users running Windows at home or in small offices.
|Suppose, you can provision the device before upgrading to Windows 11 v22H2, the glitch will no longer occur.
Professionals are currently investigating the issue and will send an update in an upcoming release.
|IT admins||Another problem is Slow Performance when Copying Multi GB File in Windows 11 22H2 Error. This possibly occurs when using a network share via SMB. Furthermore, this issue will not affect Windows devices which are used in home or small offices.||For the mitigation of this fault, you can run file copy tools that don’t use cache manager (buffered I/O). Run the underneath command as an example –
Moreover, the professional’s team is working on a resolution and will push an update in an upcoming release.
|IT admins||Updates dated 14/02/2023 or further might not be sent from some WSUS servers to Windows 11 v22H2. The patch will download to the server but might not propagate further. Affected WSUS servers are only those running Windows Server v2022 which have been upgraded from Windows Server v2016 or Windows Server v2019. This problem is triggered by the accidental removal of the required UUP. MIME types during the upgrade to Windows Server 2022 from an earlier edition of Windows Server. This issue might impact security patches or major updates for Windows 11 v2H2. Microsoft Configuration Manager is not affected by this problem.||For the mitigation of this issue, kindly look at Adding file types for the Unified Update Platform on the premises.
The Redmondians are working on a resolution and will push an update in an upcoming release.
How to download KB5022845 on Windows 11 and install
Before installing KB 5022845, confirm to have the most recent edition of Windows 11 servicing stack update 22621.1190. Then, follow the methods –
1] Using auto Windows update
- Hold down the Windows key.
- In the type to search section write – updates.
- Press – Enter.
- Windows update Settings page will appear, go to right pane.
- Click on – Check for updates.
- Take a pause of some minutes until the security patch is completely downloaded. After the process is finished, you will come across a prompt; select – Restart now.
2] Through manual way from Microsoft update catalog
- Click on KB5022845 direct download link.
- You will reach the Microsoft update catalog website where the Standalone files of the patch are located. Explore one that matches your processor (x64 or ARM64) and click on the Download button.
- Select the link on the prompted page.
- Go to the Downloads folder and double click on
- Click Yes on the confirmation pop-up.
- Following a couple of restarts, the update will be installed.