Patch Tuesday February 2023 pushing is started for different components and Windows 10 22H2 has received a significant update in this sequence. KB5022834 is part of the release to increase the version to 19045.2604, 19044.2604, 19042.2604 for 22H2, 21H2, and 21H1 respectively. See – Windows 10 KB5022282 Update resolved 0xc000021a on 22H2, 21H2, 21H1.
Full name of this release is – 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022834) where x64 is variable and it can also be ARM64 or x86. Let’s see what is new in February 2023 patch for v22H2 –
KB5022834 Windows 10 22H2, 21H2, 21H1 bug fixes, changes, and improvements
Here is the changelog –
Changes and Bug fixes
- This update addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.
|You might have been confronted with “Legacy edition of Microsoft Edge” wiped but this is not replaced with the chromium version of the same browser if your installations are created from custom ISO or offline media. The glitch is the consequence of missing SSU date of 29/03/2021 or later before creating custom ISO images or offline media via slipstreaming this update.
Remark: If you haven’t made any alterations in Windows update settings and straightway installed you won’t be affected. For instance, Windows Update for Business. Always remember to obtain the SSU first then install the latest LCU without any further steps.
|If you want to stay away from this problem, start with slipstreaming the Servicing Stack Update dated 29/03/2021 or later into the ISO image or custom offline media before CU. For this, when working on unifying the Latest Cumulative Update and SSU now used for Windows 10 v20H2 and Windows 10 v2004, extract the SSU from the package. The go with the instructions to unpack the SSU –
In case, if you have already encountered this problem you can mitigate it by installing the new Microsoft Edge browser direct from its official website.
How to download KB5022834 and install on Windows 10 21H2 22621.1105
Prior to installing KB 5022834, don’t forget to obtain the latest SSU 19045.2300, 19044.2300, or 19042.2300. Now move forward with the steps –
1] Via Windows update automatically
- Press Winkey+S.
- Type the term – updates
- Hold down Enter.
- Navigate to the right of Settings and click on – Check for updates.
- Download of KB5022834 will be completed soon depending on the Internet connection speed.
- Once the process is finished, you will get a prompt; click on – Restart now.
2] Using manual process taking from Microsoft update catalog
- Click on KB5022834 direct download link.
- This will take you to the current Windows update page of Microsoft update catalog website.
- Have a look at the architectures of the files and find the one that matches the processor of your computer (x64 or ARM64).
- Click – Download.
- A page will appear showing a solitary link to the standalone file; select this.
- When the downloading gets over double click on the .MSU file from the folder and select Yes on the verification pop-up.