Windows 8 beta version offers a lot to its On-net or Off-net users. Features like Email client is meant of all its On Net user. With the help of this tool, users may send and receive email without using any Web Browser. If you want to configure Gmail account or Hotmail account in email client tool then follow given tips.
There are two methods how to configure Gmail account online in Windows 8 –
- Start your computer and press Windows key to launch Metro apps screen.
- Click the Mail apps link from the top side.
- Account setting dialog box is appearing. Click on Account button, from left bottom corner and choose Google button.
Type Gmail user Id and Password and click on Connect button.
- Now Gmail Account has been configured. Now you can access Gmail account automatically in Windows 8 email apps.
- Hit Windows key + C shortcut to open Charms bar settings and Choose Settings button.
- Now Click Account button in Mail panel.
- Just new window Accounts displays. here Click on the link – add an account
- Now you will reach on username and password. From here, you can create your Gmail account as usual.
How to Configure Hotmail account in Windows 8
If you want to add Hotmail account online in Windows 8 at first, you have to open any browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.).
- Sign in your Hotmail account.
- Click on Options menu that’s located on top side right panel.
- Now click on More options link.
- A new dialog box is open – Managing Your Account.
- Click on Sending and Receiving Email from Other Accounts.
- A new window is opened. Now Choose Add an Email Account and type your Hotmail account ID and Password.
- A new window is opening, and it asks to set output location of incoming and outgoing email message in either another folder or default Inbox tab.
- Then Select Inbox option and click on save button.
- Now verification email will be sent in your Hotmail account.
- Check your Hotmail account again and verify it.
- Open Metro Screen Mail apps and now you can check Hotmail in Windows 8.