Previously we have written on Windows 8, reset, refresh. Now I want to say that In Windows 8, System restore tool has been modified with latest enhancements to make it easier than earlier windows versions. System Restore allows to restore Windows 8 computer in previous positions without changing document files or personal settings. Occasionally, you run new software or hardware drivers in your window 8, it influences on your system settings along with creates hindrance on already installed software. Actually System Restore is used to restore system settings and repair system registry files into their original condition. As a result your windows 8 computer could work speedily for long time. Earlier we have discussed on How to Backup and Restore in Windows 8 By RecImg Tool. Today we talk on How to Create a Restore Point in windows 8?
Although restore point feature in Windows 8 creates automatically each time but you can also configure manual restore point.
- Firstly you have to start System Restore Settings. So press Shortcut (windows key + F) to launch windows 8 metro search window.
- Here type keyword like “system restore” in the search box and click on Settings option.
- Now instant search results will be displayed in left panel. Click on Create a restore point link.
- A new dialog box (System Properties) will show. Here, click on the System Protection tab from upper menu panel.
- Now you have to switch on system protection feature inside your system hard disk.
- Select that drive where your windows 8 has been installed. Then click on configure button.
- Here check the tab – turn on system protection option to enable it.
- Now set desired spaces in your hard drive to work system protection feature from Max Usage section.
- Even you can also remove previous all restore point of this drive. So click on Delete button.
- At last click on OK and Apply button to save new settings.
Third Step –
- Next you have to create fresh restore point in your windows 8 computer. So click on Create button.
- A new pop-up box (System protection) appears before you.
- Here, you have to type description of new system restore point and click on Create button.
- Now windows 8 will generate the system restore point repeatedly in few moments.
- Once it completes successfully, you get new pop-up box as below image.
How to Restore on Restore Point in windows 8 ?
- If you are willing to restore from newly set system restore point then click on System Restore button from System protection tab.
- Just a new window ( System Restore) come up. Here hit on Next button.
- From Next window, choose preferred restore point which you wish to restore your windows 8 system from.
- After select it, click on Next button.
- Now you will get new window, and it asks you to confirm your selection. At last click on Finish button.
Thus, your windows 8 computer will be restored on opted system restore point automatically within few minutes.