Sometimes you might notice that free disk space of your disk drive is instantly reduced a little bit whenever you install new Windows 10 operating system. It is the default behavior for the modern version of OS. When you want to upgrade your windows OS from previous version the setup saves a lot of files from the earlier installed OS during the upgradation or installation and replenishes your hard drive with the files which you are not required for. After the installation of windows 10, you can remove all those files permanently to Retain Free Disk Space After Installing Windows 10 OS.
If you are also encountering the same issue then you can use Disk Cleanup manually to remove those files and Retain Free Disk Space After Installing. So, you can follow us to get more free disk space with the following guide.
How to Retain Free Disk Space After Installing Windows 10
1. Launch Start menu to open search box at the bottom on your OS. You can use shortcut keys instead and push Windows button with R key simultaneously.
2. Write the following text in that box:
3. Choose any one Disk Drive like C and press OK.
4. Tap on Clean up system files option to look the Disk Cleanup tool in extended mode.
5. Again you will get the small disk cleanup pop up in which the drive in which select the drive where your system files lying. Then after Click OK.
6. You will see the full disk cleanup wizard here. Then check the box against Previous Windows installation item and hit OK.
6. A confirmation pop up emerges. Click YES to confirm and wait until the installation files are deleted.
7. Restart your system to check for what you have done the changes. Hope, the above guide is useful to Retain Free Disk Space After Installing Windows 10 and make your Windows 10 P clutter free and fast.
Enjoy Free Disk Space!