AtuctService is a dangerous and deceptive Trojan Horse virus that can damage file structure, manipulate registry, and crash Windows. This malware takes hold of the windows, sneaks personal data, and steals info. The virus is classified as PUP.Optional.BitCoinMiner by Malwarebytes. The behavior of this virus is highly suspicious and once it spreads into the system it is hard to remove. In this post, you will find how to fix AtuctService Virus by removing it from your computer.
AtuctService is a multi-pronged (multiple hooks) Trojan that can compromise the data resulting in the devastation of Windows. Other consequences can be system crash, abnormal behavior of files and folders on Windows, sneaking and stealing of personal data, corruption of registry, shattering of file structure, unnecessary changes in Group Policy, etc. Fortunately, there are some software to remove and kill this dangerous malware.
AtuctService Virus Removal
Here is how to fix AtuctService Virus in Windows:
Built-in Windows Defender is unable to detect this threat, however, Malwarebytes is capable of dealing with this virus. But there is a trick you need to follow to kill AtuctService on Windows when using this software.
- Download the updated tool Malwarebytes from this link.
- Double-click on MBSetup.exe and follow the suggestions on the screen to install it.
- Click on Scan and let the process complete.
- Click the Settings icon from the top right part of the app.
- Go to the Security Tab.
- Scroll down to Windows Security Center.
- Turn off the setting Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center. Note that this option is available in the premium version only.
- Close the Malwarebytes application.
Run System Restore
System restore can also remove the AtuctService virus reinstating the Windows to an earlier state. This will provide opportunity to bring the system back to the time when you haven’t downloaded and installed the vindictive software from where the virus spread out. Therefore, follow the steps:
- Press Windows and S and type control panel.
- Click on View by drop-down and select Large icons.
- Select Recovery.
- Then click on Open System Restore.
- On the window that appears, select Next.
- Highlight the date and time when the virus did not start infecting your computer.
- Again click on “Next”.
- Review your selections and select Finish.
- A confirmation dialog will appear saying “Once started, System Restore can not be interrupted. Do you want to continue?”. Click on Yes.
- The process will take a long time, so stay still and wait for completion.