Indian railways have recently started a system through which you can book tickets through SMS to ease the customers from difficulties and dilute the crowd from the booking counters. The scheme is user friendly, secure and also eco-friendly as it requires no printout. The major objective is almost all people use mobile phones in India. Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has launched the SMS system of booking. You can do this with your mobile phone having no internet facility. Not only this, the system can also provide us information regarding the PNR status, train alert, Seat availability, train fares, trains running between various stations and also the arrivals as well as departures.
- To know the PNR status type– SMS PNR<10 digit pnr code> to54959
- For checking seat availability – SMS TA<train number> <starting city> <ending city> <journey date> to 5676747
Here are some Easy Steps listed below through which one can book a ticket through non-internet based mobile phones of Indian Railway:
- First, you have to register our mobile number with the bank id. The bank will further provide a money mobile identifier (MMid) and a one-time password (OTP) for receiving the payments.
- Secondly, after getting the MMid and the OTP you can easily book a ticket. Then for booking, you will have to type the travel details like train number, date of journey, boarding station and destination and class along with age gender and name of the passenger. The following SMS will be sent to 139 or 5676714
- IRCTC will send a Transaction Id. The customer will reply with pay and send the OTP along with the transaction Id.
- The booking will be confirmed and the amount will be deducted from the account.
- After the booking, a message would be received by the user from IRCTC which will be as valuable as a traveling document along with photo ID card of the passenger.
There is no use of internet at any stage – booking payment and cancellation.