How to Create a Homegroup in Windows 10 Quick and Easy – One of the biggest advantages of Windows 10 is the creation of a network. The process is very quick and easy. You can create a Homegroup of networking between two systems containing operating system Windows 10. Homegroup is very easy and useful for home or small businesses to interconnect Windows 10 Computers or connect using smartphones or other devices so that they can easily communicate and share data between them.
Here in this post, we will take you through the steps to Create a Homegroup in Windows 10 and enjoy the work or its benefits!
How to Create a Homegroup in Windows 10
Before going through the steps, make sure that your system is connected to a network. You can connect to a wired or wireless network but ensure that your system is connected to either your home or office router.
Note: Shut down all systems connected to the network. Power on one system, setup a Homegroup as already illustrated, then change the password on that one system before starting any more systems. You can then implement that password to each new one as you join the Homegroup.
- Open Control Panel by right-clicking Start and selecting the choice Control Panel from the visible menu.
- Select Network and Sharing center option.
- Click on the HomeGroup link lying at the bottom portion of the left fringe on the Network and Sharing Center window.
- You will be directed to the HomeGroup window.
- Hit the Create a homegroup button.
- Create a Homegroup wizard will appear on the screen. Click Next.
- Further, You see the list of files and devices that you would like to share within the homegroup.
- On the drop down menu beside every item set the level of permission of each item.
- Click Next once you are done.
- You will be taken to the next step where you can see an auto-generated password.
- The computers that will be added to the homegroup will need this password.
- If you don’t like the password, there is nothing to worry. You can change it later on. But for the time being just note down the generated password.
- Tap the Finish button.
How to Check HomeGroup has been Created on Windows 10
- Go to the HomeGroup window.
- You can see the list of libraries and devices that the system is sharing in the homegroup.
- There are many options available for you to do any change.
- For instance, you can change the password by selecting the Change Password link.
With a view of sharing data with other computers in homegroup, you need to ensure whether the network discovery is turned on. If it is not you will face problems while sharing the data. Let’s see the steps of
How to turn on Network Discovery on Windows 10
- Press (hit) on the Change Advanced Sharing Settings link when you are into the HomeGroup window.
- Navigate to the Private (current profile) section.
- Select the option which says to Turn on network discovery.
- Then select the option of Turn on file and printer sharing so that you can be able to share files and printers within the homegroup.
- Windows will administer your homegroup connection by default. But, by the way, if you want to put some extra security then create a user account and password for any machines that are connected to your homegroup.
- So to do this, select the Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers option.