Microsoft runs a program to test the features before adding them to Windows 10 original version. The company develops the preview builds and experiments a feature, and ensures if it is working fine then add to a major update. This is called the Windows insider program and people who want to participate in it can join only after registering. However, all the Windows 10 computers include a service wisvc or Windows insider Service regardless of the participation in the program by users.
wisvc is counted as an unnecessary service for the users who don’t have a wish to join the Insider program. We have previously explained that excessive unuseful services may hamper PC performance. You can read the post here – Windows 10 Services to Disable for Performance. For this reason, you might want to disable Windows Insider Service in Windows 10. You will see 3 methods here for the same.
Disable Windows Insider Service in Windows 10
Here is How to Disable Windows Insider Service in Windows 10 –
1] Through the Services Console
- Click the taskbar search or press – Win+S.
- Type in Services and hit the – Enter.
- Locate Windows insider service the Name column.
- Right-click on the same and select the – Properties.
- On Windows Insider Service Properties (Local Computer) window go to Startup type.
- Click on the dropdown and choose – Disabled.
- Select Apply and then OK.
2] Disable Windows Insider Service Using the cmd command
- Press the Win+S and type – cmd.
- Click the – Yes to agree with User account control prompt.
- Select the – Run as administrator from the result window.
- Next, type
sc config "wisvc" start= disabledand then press Enter.
3] With Windows PowerShell
- Hit the – Win+X.
- Select the – Windows PowerShell (admin).
- Choose the – “Yes” on UAC dialog.
Set-Service wisvc -StartupType Disabledand press Enter.