As usual, a new update for insiders has arrived today on Tuesday in the development channel. Windows 10 Build 20231.1000 (rs_prerelease) is the update that includes improvements in Initial device setup Relevancy and feature for app Default File Associations.
You are able to download Windows 10 Build 20231.1000 (rs_prerelease) Dev channel through the Settings app by checking for updates.
Windows 10 Build 20231.1000 (rs_prerelease) Features and Fixes
Here is Windows 10 Build 20231.1000 (rs_prerelease) changelog –
Initial device setup Relevancy improvements
You may witness various options available in OOBE based on what you select. Although, currently, you will not see any other configuration dissimilarities after exiting OOBE.
More useful Management Options for App Default File Associations
Users powered with Enterprise edition are able to change file associations on a per-device or per-user basis. This modification will apply to the existing users and also users with new deployments. You understand as in the way that IT admins have the ability to set which apps will automatically open different links or file types. For instance, setting Microsoft Edge as your organization’s default browser, or always open PDFs in your organization’s preferred app is easier now. Changing this group policy for the default browser and common file types indicates that your organization’s end users will not have to decide on these defaults on their own.
- Generate Default Application Associations XML file by following this page.
- Manually change the XML by adding 2 new properties:
- Add?Version=”1??to the?DefaultAssociations?tag.
- Add?Suggested=”True” to any Association tag.
- Enable the group policy to set the default file associations by following this doc.
- Reboot or log in as the user.
Changes and Improvements
- All Windows Insiders in the Development Channel have got Meet Now in the taskbar.
- The channel is beginning to roll out a change to enable displaying graphics card information available under Settings => System => About. Some Insiders may notice this on their PCs.
- All the Windows insiders in Development channel will receive feature to Enable moving the text cursor via gestures on the on-screen keyboard.
Windows 10 Build 20231.1000 (rs_prerelease) Fixes
- They fixed the vEthernet adapter disconnecting inside of the WSL. Have a look at this GitHub thread for complete details.
- Windows 10 Build 20231.1000 (rs_prerelease) fixed the ALT + Tab order that changes unexpectedly and leads to switching to the incorrect window.
- Microsoft experts for the Dev channel fixed Action Center and notification buttons that are not being visible after switching between High Contrast Black and High Contrast White.
- They fixed Show audio alerts visually option under Settings => Ease of Access => Audio that wasn’t functioning for incoming notifications.
- Furthermore, the current build also fixed the PC was locked using with Narrator running, dismissing the lock screen could not announce the signed in username on the login screen.
- They fixed Narrator won’t announce error message if your face wasn’t recognized when using the Narrator and signing in with Windows Hello,.
- They fixed microphone and audio glitches over Bluetooth for certain devices. As a reminder, when facing issues in this space, kindly take a moment to capture a repro trace. It helps the teams investigate.
- The insider team fixed an issue impacting Task View reliability.
- Moreover, they fixed the Windows Hello setup camera preview in OOBE that was showing in the incorrect position. The issue occurred when you rotated your device into portrait mode during setup.
- They fixed the Settings hanging problem that occurred on launch for some Insiders.
- Windows 10 Build 20231.1000 (rs_prerelease) fixed systemsettingsbroker.exe crashing for some Insiders.
- They fixed HideRecentJumplists MDM Policy that wasn’t taking effect.
- Likewise, they fixed duplicate cloud provider entries that could appear in the navigation pane of File Explorer.
- They fixed PDF previews that are no longer displaying in File Explorer.
- The Dev channel’s latest update fixed the on-screen keyboard that unexpectedly dismisses. The issue occurs after setting focus to the search box in File Explorer.
- Finally, the experts fixed typing with the Chinese Pinyin IME, if your text included an apostrophe then after finalizing your composition by pressing Shift the result would display a garbled character.
- The Software giant is studying the update process hanging more than usual time when trying to install a new build.
- The specialists are trying to enable live preview for pinned site tabs.
- Furthermore, they testing to enable new taskbar experience for the extant pinned sites. Nevertheless, you are still able to unpin the website from the taskbar by removing it from edge://apps page, and then re-pinning the website.
- The team for Windows insider Dev channel is trying to fix some Office apps missing or crashing after getting a new build.
- Also, they are trying to solve KMODE EXCEPTION stop error when using certain virtualization technologies.
- They’re working on a solution to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bugcheck.
- Microsoft experts are studying a bug leading vEthernet adapter in WSL 2 distro to become disconnected after a duration of use. For complete details, please follow this GitHub thread.
- Windows 10 Build 20231.1000 (rs_prerelease) Dev channel for 21H1 known issue in which some users experience a Compatibility Assistant notification – Microsoft Office is no longer available. However, the Office should still be there and working fine.
Install insider SDK.
Source – Windows Experience blog.