The latest version of BlackBerry mobile operating system has been launched by BlackBerry limited. The brand name of new BlackBerry Smartphone is BlackBerry 10. It is available in two models for example Z10 and Q10. The BlackBerry limited have also said that the BlackBerry 10 powered PlayBook tablet will be released shortly. One of the important features of new BlackBerry 10 device is offering BlackBerry Protect. It is a free service and lets you to track a lost or stolen BlackBerry 10 device online. The BlackBerry Protect service takes few seconds to turn on your device.
How to Enable BlackBerry Protect on BlackBerry 10 Smartphone?
- At first, go to Settings and tap on BlackBerry Protect.
- Next, you will notice that the BlackBerry protect service is switched off by default.
- To switch on it, you have to only slide the blue button single time in the right side.
- Then you will need to be signed into your BlackBerry ID account on your device.
- If you have not created BlackBerry ID account yet, click here to sign up
- Now the BlackBerry Protect service has been turned on.
How to Track BlackBerry 10 Device After Misplace Or Stolen
Once your BlackBerry 10 device is lost or stolen,
- At first visit the protect.blackberry.com with your internet browser.
- Then to find the lost BlackBerry 10 device under View Location section.
- BlackBerry Protect Service displays the up to date GPS location of the lost device.
- After locating the device, you will get a custom message. This message helps you to lock it using a new password and delete all personal information remotely.