The issue discussed in this post can commonly occur when trying to print homegroup password, boot into Safe Mode, create a System Restore Point, and defragment a hard drive. Error code is 2147500037 which can also appear sometimes during printing using a PDF file on any of the Windows 10, 7, 8, or 11. See solutions to a similar problem – How to Fix Printer Error 0x0000011b in Windows 11 or 10 (Solved!).
Error 2147500037 most of the time is the result of incorrect configuration of browser, corrupted programs, and presence of third-party applications. Furthermore, bad memory, Windows update bugs might be the reason for this problem.
Error 2147500037 in Windows
Here is how to fix Error 2147500037 in Windows 10/11/8/7 –
Way-1: Set Internet Explorer as the Default browser
Experts on different tech forums affirm that the issue will no longer happen after changing default settings. In the earlier version of Windows, such as Windows 7, 8, or 10 in which Internet Explorer is in existence, this method is applicable. All you need is to make the IE default browser to fix the error using this trick. If you don’t want to use this browser as default you can revert it back after printing the Homegroup password or PDF, creating restore point, booting into safe mode, etc. Recently Internet Explorer 11 support ended but you can test the same with Microsoft Edge. However, to be frank, I haven’t examined the same thing with this browser but you can give attempt it on the later versions of Windows 10 including Windows 11. Let’s see the steps:
- Open the Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools icon.
- Select – Internet options.
- Go to the Programs tab.
- Check “Make Internet Explorer the default browser”.
- Click on Apply and OK.
To make Microsoft Edge Default –
- Press Window + I.
- Go to – Apps.
- Select – Default apps.
- Click on Web browser which is already selected default.
- Choose – Microsoft Edge.
Way-2: Uninstall the recent Windows update
Error 2147500037 in Windows may appear frequently when opening a faulty app. Most possible reason for this glitch is the corrupted program and its conflicts with the system components so you need to uninstall the app to deal with the issue. Printing with PDFs becoming impossible is the trouble of several users and the solution to this is to uninstall and reinstall adobe applications from the computer. Move forward with the method below –
- Right-click on the – Start.
- Select – Run.
- Type – appwiz.cpl.
- Once the Program and features window will present, click on – View installed updates.
- Find the updates you have installed recently. Right-click on the correct one and select – Uninstall.
- Select Yes on the prompt.
Way-3: Execute SFC and DISM tools
System files corruption and faulty Windows image are universal factors to generate error code 2147500037 in Windows 7, 8, 10, or 11 at the time of printing a PDF, creating system restore point or booting into safe mode. Gratefully, the SFC and DISM are the tools having capability to rescue from printing or application errors. Therefore execute the tools using command prompt with administrative privileges running with the below steps –
- Press – Winkey + R.
- Type – cmd.exe.
- Now, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Select Yes on the User account control warning.
- At first, type
SFC /Scannowand hit – Enter.
- Once the process completes 100%, restart the computer and check if the error still persists.
- In case of the perseverance of issues, again open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- This time, type –
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
- Hit the – Enter key.
- On the completion of running this tool Restart the system.