When Windows 10 came out in 2015, Microsoft declared to offer the new system free to upgrade from older editions of the OS. So users having the license could substitute the new version for Windows 7 SP1 and 8.1 during the first year. For the sake, Microsoft also placed a Get Windows 10 button on the Taskbar. On July 29, 2016, when the offer period ended, the Redmondians expanded the offer of a free upgrade to “users with disabilities using assistive technologies for Windows”. But all users of Windows 7 or 8.1 could take advantage of the official site specially created for these purposes. However, the site was closed in early 2018, with the help of the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant utility, anyone can perform a free upgrade to Windows 10.
Currently, it is disclosed that Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 users can still grab Windows 10 for free, even now, at the end of 2019. A so called Microsoft Employee CokeRobot on Reddit revealed that this option is working until now. So here we are with the method How to Free Upgrade Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10 Right Now. We don’t know whether this is a loophole or Microsoft is providing this feature deliberately to increase the number of Windows 10 users.
Free Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and 8 Right Now
Here is how to free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and 8 Right Now –
- Navigate to this Microsoft page and click on Download tool now.
- The Media Creation Tool will be downloaded, open the .exe file.
- Select Yes on the User account download box to provide your permission.
- Check the radio cell for Upgrade this PC now and click on Next.
- On Applicable notices and license term Window, click on the Accept button and follow the upcoming instructions.
- On the screen saying “It’s time to enter the product key”, copy-paste Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 product key which you have. Select Next.
- Once activated you complete the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and 8 Right Now.
We recommend getting the upgrade quickly because Microsoft can remove the secret feature or loophole anytime.