A new carbon ROM Android 4.2.2 Custom Firmware has been presented for Galaxy S2 I9100 device. Keep in mind, this update firmware is not an official and only for Galaxy S2 I9100.
Before starting update process, take care of the following points
- Install genuine Galaxy USB driver on your computer.
Download Samsung Galaxy S2 USB drivers
- During the installation process, it will remove all device data. So, backup all data, apps and settings to SD card manually or using the Samsung KIES tool or create a full image by custom recovery app like ClockworkMod, TWRP.
- Activate USB debugging mode.
- Make sure your Galaxy S2 I9100 device is charged up to 80-85% battery power.
- Your S2 device should be factory unlocked and rooted firstly.
- This tip is only for Galaxy S2 I9100 device.
Steps to Install Android 4.2.2 CarbonRom Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100
Download Android 4.2.2 AOKP ROM
Next plug USB cable to S2 device and your computer.
Now copy the downloaded Android 4.2.2 ROM zip file and Google Apps zip file and paste it to S2 device SD card contained root folder.
Switch off your S2 device and unplug the USB cable from the computer.
Now boot into recovery mode. To do so, turn on the device while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Menu + Power buttons together.
Under ClockworkMod recovery screen, you have to complete the task of full data wipe firstly.
Then scroll down to flash zip from SD card option and press the Power button to select it. Press the Power button again and select choose zip from sdcard option.
After that use device corner volume keys and search for the Android 4.2.2 ROM zip file SD card contained root folder. Next select it by pressing the Power button. A confirmation message prompts on the screen. Choose yes option. As a result the installation process should begin now.
Repeat this step another time for choosing the Google Apps zip file.
After the installation process ends, click on reboot system now option on the recovery menu. Then your device will reboot now and after 10 minutes, it will display carbon Rom supported JB screen.
To check installed update version on S2 device, go to settings and tap on About Phone option at the bottom.