Samsung has released Android 4.1.2 XXLSR Jelly Bean update firmware for Galaxy S2 I9100G. It is totally unbranded firmware and can be installed using OTA or Samsung Kies. Presently this update firmware has been presented in France only.
Howtoconnect reminds again to its readers that it will not be answerable for any type of damage to the device during root process. This root guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G device. The Galaxy S2 user will not get any type of service warranty from Samsung while it is rooted.
Essential things before starting root process
- Turn on USB Debugging mode on your Galaxy S2 device.
- Confirm that you have backup entire data of the Galaxy S2 device.
- Make sure that the battery of the Galaxy S2 has up to 80 % charge capacity.
- Download SU-BB-Installer.zip file in the SD card of your Galaxy S2.
- Next Power off the Galaxy S2.
- Reboot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Using the volume down buttons to search for applying updates from external storage options. Then select it by pressing the Power button.
- Next select SU-BB-Installer.zip file from SD card. It will take some minutes to complete the root process.
- Go back to the recovery mode screen again. Then select the option Reboot system now with the intention of rebooting the Galaxy S2 device.
As a result, you have finished root process to Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G device working on Android 4.1.2 XXLSR Jelly Bean update firmware. The root method is functioning appropriately on your Galaxy S2 device. Verify it through Root Checker app.