A new update of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based firmware is present for Galaxy S2 I9100 device. The name of the firmware is I9100UHMS8. The firmware is available for download via Samsung KIES in supported countries. Keep in mind that this firmware can be flashed only with ODIN flashable tool.
Android 4.1.2 UHMS8 Firmware Details:
PDA – I9100UHMS8
CSC – I9100UUBMS5
Version – Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Release Date – February, 2013
This firmware updates tips is only for Galaxy S2 I9100 model. Don’t aim this tips on any other Galaxy models. Also, we are not answerable for any type of issue like dead, damage to your device due to the tips provided in this page. Try the firmware update method at your personal risk.
- Confirm that the battery of your Galaxy device is fully charged i.e. 100 % of battery level.
- Backup your data such as contacts, SMS, apps, settings, media files to SD card manually. The backup method can also be done through Samsung KIES tool to the computer.
- Backup EFS Folder to keep IMEI number and other significant data.
- Install Galaxy USB Driver on your computer. Download it
- Activate USB Debugging mode to your Galaxy S2 device.
Steps to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to UHMS8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Download below given both zip files to your computer and extract it.
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I9100UHMS8 firmware
- Power off your Galaxy S2 I9100 device. Now boot the device with download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power button at once until Android robot logo appears on the device screen. After few seconds, the device will go into download mode.
- Now run the setup of ODIN tool with administrator privileges. So right-click on Odin3 v3.07.exe files from extracted folder and choose Run as an Administrator menu from the right context section.
- Now connect your Galaxy S2 I9100 device with your PC through USB cable. Then “Added” written message is displayed at the bottom left corner inside the ODIN interface. Besides, you will get COM port number in yellow color.
Select the following flash files from I9100UHMS8 extracted folder [Step 1] in ODIN interface.
- Click on the PDA button and select the .tar included similar file with *code* extension.
- Click on the Phone button and select the similar file with *modem* extension (Ignore if it is missing)
- Click on the CSC button and select the same file with *csc* extension (pay no attention if it is absent)
- Click on the PIT button and select the same file with .pit extension.
- In ODIN window, check the both options – Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. Now, click on the START button to start the flashing procedure.
As soon as the flashing process is completed, the Samsung Galaxy S2 device will restart automatically. Then a message titled PASS along with green background will show at the top corner in ODIN interface. Congrats! Your Galaxy S2 I9100 device is working on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean supported I9100UHMS8 firmware.