XXAMB5 Android 4.1.2 jelly Bean supported firmware update is present for the Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 model. The name of the firmware is S7710XXAMB5. It is fully unbranded firmware which indicates that the user can install it on any Galaxy Xcover 2 (not including China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan). The firmware update process can be done through ODIN tool.
XXAMB5 firmware is only for the Galaxy Xcover 2 SS7710 device. Don’t try this firmware on any other galaxy model. In addition, howto-connct will not be responsible if your device gets dead or break down during firmware update process. We advice that user can test the firmware update process at their personal risk.
Android 4.1.2 XXAMB5 Firmware Details
PDA – S7710XXAMB5
CSC – S7710AUTAMA1
Version – Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Release date – February 2013
Supported countries – Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Take care of the following things before firmware update with Samsung Galaxy Xcover device
- Download and install Galaxy USB driver to your computer.
- Backup all important data like apps, settings, media files, SMS, contacts by hand to SD cards. Besides, the backup procedure also can be done with Samsung KIES apps to your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging mode.
- Check that your Galaxy S7710 device is charged up to the capability of 80-85% battery power.
- Confirm that your Galaxy S7710 device is already factory unlocked which means the device is not locked to any specific operator.
How to update Android 4.1.2 XXAMB5 firmware on Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 device:
Download Android 4.1.2 S7710XXAMB5
Download ODIN v1.85
Note – After downloading both zip files to your computer. Extract it.
Power off your Galaxy S7710 device. Now boot it into download mode. To do it, press and hold the volume down and Home buttons at once and then press the Power button. Next, your galaxy screen displays the Android robot logo along with triangle sign. Press Power button another time to go into download mode.
Launch ODIN tool on the computer with administrator rights by right-clicking. In the download mode, insert the USB cable to your computer and Galaxy S7710 device.
If your Galaxy device is connected effectively around 3-5 minutes, in ODIN window, the ID: COM section will convert into the yellow background along with the COM port number.
Now select the following flash files from the extracted firmware folders (in step-1)
- Click on PDA button and opt for file with CODE in its name.
- Click on Phone and pick file with MODEM in its name. (Take no notice of this step if it is missing).
- Click on CSC and choose file with CSC in its name. (Avoid this step if target file is absent).
- Click on PIT and choose the .pit file. Ignore this step if desired file is missing in extracted firmware folder).
In ODIN window, select both options which are Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
Then click on the Start button in ODIN window to begin the installation procedure. This procedure will finish in about 15-20 minutes.
As soon as the installation method is done, your Galaxy S7710 device will start again automatically. Then you will home screen of update firmware on the Galaxy S7710 device.
Get Latest Jellybean update for all devices by clicking: Jelly Bean Update