XXEMB2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update firmware is revealed for Galaxy S3 I9300 Smartphone. Smartphone owner can update his S3 I9300 device with XXEMB2 Android 4.1.2 firmware through Samsung KIES or manually.
Details of Android 4.1.2 XXEMB2 Jellybean Firmware
PDA – I9300XXEMB2
CSC – I9300OXEEMB1
Version – Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Release Date – February, 2013
Supported Country – UK, Spain, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Hungary, Italy
These tips are only for Galaxy S3 I9300 model. Don’t attempt it on any other galaxy model. In addition, we are not answerable for any loss or brick during firmware update procedure. Galaxy users have to follow these tips at their personal risk.
Basic needy things
- During the procedure of the firmware update, Galaxy owners may lose they’re on hand all installed apps and personal settings as well as media files. So they need to backup it appropriately in order to restore later.
- Your Galaxy S3 I9300 device battery should be fully charged before starting firmware update procedure; otherwise your device may be dead due to low battery power.
- Download and Install Galaxy USB Driver in your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging mode in Galaxy device which helps you to transfer the file amid the computer and the device.
- Download ODIN utility tool. It is used to flash Jelly Bean XXEMB2 Android 4.1.2 official firmware update on Galaxy S3 I9300 device.
Steps to start a firmware update on S3 I9300
Download Android 4.1.2 I9300XXEMB2 firmware Zip file and extract it.
Download Odin 3.07 tool in ZIP format and extract it.
Switch off your Galaxy S3 I9300 device. Now boot to the device in download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down, Home and Power button at the same time. Then device screen will prompt with Android robot logo.
Launch ODIN tool with Administrator privilege. To do so, press right click .exe file of ODIN tool and click on Run as administrator option.
Now connect your Galaxy Note S3 I9300 device with your computer via USB cable. Then “Added” message will display at the bottom in few minutes under ODIN window. During this, ODIN Windows will display connected COM port in Yellow color.
Next, select these four files in ODIN window at relevant option from extracted I9300XXEMB2 firmware folder.
- Click on the PDA option and search for same file name.
- Click on the Phone option and search for same file name. (Ignore this action if you are unable to find it).
- Click on the CSC option and select same file name. (Ignore this action if you are unable to find it).
- Click on the PIT option and select the .pit file. (Ignore this action if you are unable to find it).
- In ODIN window, confirm that you have selected both options which are Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. In addition, you can select the option of Re-Partition if you have chosen .pit file earlier.
- Now click on START button to start the flashing procedure with XXEMB2 Android 4.1.2 official firmware.
- After flashing finishes, your Galaxy S3 I9300 device will reboot. Then you will get a PASS message with a green background in the top-left corner of the ODIN window. Next remove the USB cable to the device and computer.
As result, your S3 I9300 device is ready to work with update XXEMB2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. To check installed firmware version, go to Settings and tap on About phone.