In Singapore, XXBMB4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware has been revealed for Galaxy S3 I9305 model. This newest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now present for downloading via Samsung KIES in supported regions. So, if Galaxy S3 I9305 users wish to update by hand then they may follow below given tips.
Android 4.1.2 XXBMB4 Firmware Details
PDA – I9305XXBMB4
CSC – I9305OLBBMA2
Version – Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Release Date – February, 2013
Supported Regions – Singapore
This firmware update tips is determined especially for Galaxy S3 I9305 model. So don’t attempt it with any other equivalent Galaxy S3 model. Keep in mind that how-to-connect will not be answerable about any unresponsive issues during performing the firmware update. Start the update process at your individual risk.
Note down Necessary points
- At first take entire backup of your Galaxy device data via KIES tool to the computer or manually to SD card.
- The battery of your Galaxy device should be charged completely, otherwise it may power off or hang during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging mode into the Galaxy device.
- Confirm that you have already installed properly USB Driver on your computer.
Let’s examine the below given step-by-step instruction about how to install I9305XXBMB4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 device?
- Download Zip file of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I9305XXBMB4 Firmware to your computer.
- Download Zip file of Odin 3.07 tool to your computer.
Note – After downloading the both zip files, extract it.
Switch off your Galaxy device. Now press and hold Home, Power and Volume down button jointly for few seconds until you get the logo of Samsung Galaxy on the current device’s screen. Then your device will start with download mode in just seconds.
Next, right-click on Odin3 v3.07.exe files and choose run as an Administrator option on right menu panel.
Now start USB connection between Galaxy S3 I9305 device and the computer with USB cable. After doing USB connection with the better way, you will get a message like Added in Odin’s message box. This message is found at the left underneath section. In addition, you will also know about connected COM port along with the number in Yellow sign.
Select the following flash files in extracted I9305XXBMB4 firmware folder in Odin window after clicking at relevant options.
- Click on the PDA button and select the same file name.
- Click on the Phone button and choose file with *modem* in its name (Avoid this action if such files is missing).
- Click on the CSC button and choose file with *csc* in its name (Avoid this action if such files is missing).
- Click on the PIT button and choose the .pit file. If such file is available in extracted folder of firmware then select it. Otherwise, disregard it.
Inside Odin window, check the both options which are Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. Finally click on the START button to start on the updating procedure. This procedure will take about 15-20 minutes.
As soon as updating procedure is completed, the Galaxy device will restart automatically. Then you will receive a PASS message among green background at the top corner of the Odin window.
Now your Galaxy S3 I9305 device’s screen will boot with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean supported I9305XXBMB4 firmware update. To check it, go to Settings and tap on About phone option.