In recent days, DXMA2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread update firmware has been released for Galaxy Y Duos S6102 device. It can be installed through either OTA updates or after downloading via Samsung KIES tool. Keep in mind that, this firmware is installed with ODIN method.
In this post, we will provide tips you to install S6102DXMA2 official firmware update in Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 model.
Android 2.3.6 DXMA2 Firmware Descriptions
Release Date – February, 2013
PDA – S6102DXMA2
CSC – S6102OLBMA1
Version – Android 2.3.6
This tip is only for Galaxy Y Duos S6102 model. Don’t install Android 2.3.6 DXMA2 Firmware on any other Galaxy Y Duos device. In addition, howto-connect will not be responsible for any harm according to below given installing instruction. Attempt this at your personal risk.
- Firstly backup all device data for example apps, settings, media files and much more to memory card or your computer using KIES tool.
- The battery of Galaxy Y Duos S6102 device should be charged up to 80-85 % level. Otherwise, your device may be dead or switch off during the installation process.
- Install Samsung Galaxy Duos USB Driver on your computer. Download it
- Activate USB Debugging mode on Duos device.
Download S6102DXMA2 firmware in Zip format
Note – Extract above downloaded both Zip file to the computer.
Power off your Galaxy Y Duos S6102 device. Next, start in download mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume down button at the same time. Then a new screen prompts which is called download mode.
Now start ODIN tool with administrator rights. To do so, right-click on Odin3 v3.07.exe setup and choose Run as administrator menu from the right panel.
Insert USB cable to your computer and Galaxy Y Duos S6102 device. After 2-3 minutes, you will receive a message namely Added at the bottom left corner in the ODIN window. This time you will also get connected COM port number in Yellow color. Actually it denotes about successful USB connection.
Next, choose the following files one by one from extracted S6102DXMA2 zip folder in ODIN window.
- Click on the PDA option and select similar file with .tar extension from S6102 DXMA2 zip folder.
- Click on the Phone option and select same file with *modem* extension. (Ignore if it is not present).
- Click on the CSC option and select file with *csc* with the same name. (Ignore if it is no present).
- Click on the PIT option and select the .pit file. (Ignore if it is not present)
Next, check both options which are Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. Then click on START button to start installing firmware.
As soon as installing process is finished, the duos device will restart automatically. Next, you will prompt a message named PASS at the upper left corner in the Odin window. Now disconnect the USB cable from your computer.
As a result, your Galaxy Y Duos S6102 is ready to run on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread constructed S6102DXMA2 update firmware. To check the firmware update, go to Settings and tap on About phone.