After different firmware updates rolled out for the Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 model, it can now be updated with latest XXAMB2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. This firmware is fully unbranded which indicates the user can install it on any Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 model. In this post, I am going to describe the complete method of how to update XXAMB2 Android Jelly Bean firmware on S3 Mini I8190 through ODIN method.
Android 4.1.2 XXAMB2 Firmware Information
Version – Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
PDA – I8190XXAMB2
CSC – I8190OXFAMB1
Release Date- February, 2013
I8190XXAMB2 firmware can be updated only with S3 Mini I8190 model. While your I8190 device becomes dead during or after the update process, howto-connect will not be responsible for any type of complaint. So, users have to start the update process at their personal risk.
Take care to significant points
- Install Galaxy USB driver to your computer for connecting S3 Mini I8190 Android device.
- Turn on USB debugging mode on the Galaxy device.
- Confirm that battery of your Galaxy device is fully charged.
- Backup all data to SD card manually. You can also backup using the Samsung KIES app to your computer.
- Ensure that your Galaxy device is factory unlocked to particular carrier.
Follow the step-by-step tips of firmware update
At first you need to download both zip file to your computer and extract it. Android 4.1.2 I8190XXAMB2 ODIN v1.85
Switch off your Galaxy device and boot into download mode. In order to start with download mode, push and hold the volume down and home buttons jointly and then push the power button until you receive the Android robot logo with a triangle sign. Push Power another time to go into download mode.
Next, connect your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 device to the computer through USB cable.
Then right-click on Odin.exe from extracted folders of ODIN tool (step-1) and choose Run as administrator from right context panel. After successful USB connection, ID: COM section in IDIN interface will change in yellow color. Besides, it will show connected COM port number. Keep in mind that this process will finish around 5-10 minutes.
In this step, select the following flash files from the extracted firmware folders (step-1) while you click on respective options in ODIN interface.
- Click on the PDA option and opt same file with CODE included extension.
- Click on the Phone option and choose the same file with MODEM included extension.
- Click on CSC and choose same file with CSC included extension.
- Click on ‘PIT and choose the .pit file.
In ODIN interface, check the tab of Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options and click on the Start option. Now the Installation process will begin and it will finish approximately in 20-25 minutes.
Once the process of firmware installation is completed, your S3 Mini I8190 device will reboot. Now your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 device has been updated to Android 4.1.2 supported XXAMB2 firmware.