Samsung has launched Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 in India. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users in India can update to Android 4.1.2 firmware using Samsung Kies or Over the Air.
PDA – P3100XXCLL2
CSC – P3100XEFCLK1
Version – 4.1.2
Date – 17 December 2012
- Confirm that you have done the process of backup every essential data like contacts, messages, apps and many more by with Samsung Kies or backup app.
- Activate USB Debugging feature on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.
- Your Samsung tab should be charged up to 80-90 % battery level.
How to Install Firmware on Samsung Tab 2 7.0 P3100 manually:
- At first download the firmware from the link given below and extract the zip file to your computer. Within the extracted folder search for .tar.md5 extension.
- Next download and extract it.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy Tab USB driver on your computer.
- Switch off your Samsung tab and boot it into download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down+ Power buttons at the same time until the screen displays Samsung logo for twice.
- Next, start USB connection between your Samsung tab and the computer through USB cable. A successful connection will be established in few minutes.
- Launch ODIN 3 software on your computer and run the .exe file from extracted folder.
- After successful USB connection, ODIN 3 window will change to green color within IC: COM port section.
- Click on the PDA button in Odin window and select the firmware file.tar.md5 extension.
- Then you have to check the tab of Auto Reboot and F. Test Time options in ODIN 3 window.
- Next, click the Start button to begin the installation process of firmware. It will take some time to finish.
- At the last, you will get a PASS message in ID: COM port section. And Samsung tab will reboot automatically.
Thus, now Samsung tab user can work with the recently updated Android 4.1.2 firmware.