Microsoft recently released Windows 8 edition recommends an option to upgrade local account into Microsoft account. A local account usually works as user account to access Windows Operating System. If any window 8 user account is signed with Microsoft owned account then it allows to access a lot of latest services (SkyDrive, Windows Store, Maps, etc) for their users.
In few circumstances, you may wish to convert your local account into a Microsoft account in Windows 8. But how is it possible? I have already written a post like How to Add Users and control User Accounts in Windows 8 earlier. Now solve this problem like How to Upgrade a Local Account to a Microsoft Account in Windows 8 by these tips.
Let’s follow step by step tricks
- Firstly, log on Windows 8 system in local account.
- Then press shortcut (Windows key + I) to display Settings panel in left pane.
- Click on this link in bottom panel – Change PC settings.
- In PC settings Window, choose Users option in right section.
- From Your account section in the left panel, hit on this link – Switch to a Microsoft account.
- It asks you to type current password of your signed local account and choose Next option.
- Now you get a new window (sign in with a Microsoft account). It requests you to enter new email address and choose Next button.
- Next, you will have to type following account detail (Account name, Password, Location, Zip code) for your new Microsoft account.
- To do it , click on Next button.
- Next, you will get twice window of namely Finish UP. Here type your date of birth and choose appropriate gender under security info then type correct text under CAPTCHA box.
- You have to Uncheck the tab of following option – Send me email with promotional …………
- Then click on Next button.
- Once setup of local account will be converted as Microsoft account , click on Finish button.
Sometimes Microsoft does not verify your new Windows 8 account with another email address in final stage. Microsoft sends a verification email link on your email address which you have configured recently as Windows 8 account. Then sign in that email address and choose verify link from upcoming mail page.